Assassin's Creed - Valhalla

Soldato
I'm not bothering to 100% areas I'm just enjoying pushing forward with the story. 60 hours and three areas to go in to. PL is around 230.

Doing same now, I'm already feeling a bit burnt out due to my hoovering up obsession. Some annoying bugs but overall enjoying it, with AC I feel I can happily skip a few because they're all pretty much the same.
Got a couple of side quests bugged at the moment, one thing I learned which is helpful is if you have a barred door outside, getting on your horse and kicking it seems to break it

Soldato
After an insane number of hours on the game, I finished it yesterday and popped the Platinum a couple of hours later.
I'd left myself with the requirement to catch all the fish - damn you Arctic Char! All 19 games of Orlog and one final Cairn.

Really enjoyed it. I found the cairns a royal pain and even now there are buildings containing the small treasures that I cannot find any possible way into.
However, enjoyed the story and main content, was fun.

Soldato
After an insane number of hours on the game, I finished it yesterday and popped the Platinum a couple of hours later.
I'd left myself with the requirement to catch all the fish - damn you Arctic Char! All 19 games of Orlog and one final Cairn.

Really enjoyed it. I found the cairns a royal pain and even now there are buildings containing the small treasures that I cannot find any possible way into.
However, enjoyed the story and main content, was fun.

I'm locked out of the platinum because of a broken side quest, my only hope is they patch it before I finish the rest of the game because I'll sell it once I'm done. Hate the cairns too!

Soldato
^ interesting regarding raytracing elements. I did not think the anvil engine could handle that. However, as above; I think I'd prefer bug fixes as I've com across a slew of side quests and other gameplay mechanics / issues including a long boat doing perpetual cartwheels on the river!

Just started the Cent arc so maybe this update will drop before I actually complete the game!

Soldato
Possible spoilers for when you pledge to Sciropescire:
Who sent Ivaar to Valhalla or denied him? Personally I denied him because he murdered Ceolbert in cold blood.

Soldato
Somehow I missed that part!

I'm conflicted on this game. I enjoy some parts but the parts I don't like really grind. It's like they extended the length of the game by just barring every door.

Associate
Sounds like we may be getting ray tracing in due course. Still happier with 60fps though.

Mentioned in another thread but this I hope this gen isn't going to be known for 30 vs 60 fps modes, with ray tracing forcing 30fps. I can already hear Mark Cerny in 2027 showcasing PS6 with "true ray tracing". The box on PS5 has 8K, 120fps written on it, which I take with a huge pitch of salt but dynamic 4K 30fps because of rt is abit rich.

Man of Honour
Mentioned in another thread but this I hope this gen isn't going to be known for 30 vs 60 fps modes, with ray tracing forcing 30fps. I can already hear Mark Cerny in 2027 showcasing PS6 with "true ray tracing". The box on PS5 has 8K, 120fps written on it, which I take with a huge pitch of salt but dynamic 4K 30fps because of rt is abit rich.

Its looking more and more like this will be the case. Personally not fussed about RT, would rather 60fps. Some of the claims do seem to be a little stretched though. I guess we’ll see the true performance when we get the next gen titles designed to utilise the hardware.

Back
Top Bottom