Assassin's Creed - Valhalla

Soldato
Not sure I can be bothered to go back to this tbh. I might give it a quick look but I only did about an hour of the last DLC before I’d had enough.

Last edited:
Associate
As usual I burnt out a long time before the dlc. Great game, far too drawn out.

Burnt out by the 100 hour mark with no end in sight. Gave first dlc a few hours until I realised forced busy work in between mildly interesting story ruined it. I actually hated Skill Up's review at first, rewatched it the other week fully agreeing on all points.

Will give this dlc a go but I'm not hopeful. I guess it'll be the 100th mission of [King, Queen or leader of sorts] >> having issues with [deadly rival faction, lacking leadership skills or an unclear heir story line]. Consisting of very forgeable terrain.

Associate
Anyone got any tips regarding keeping your guys alive on the raid missions on this?

The one where you go and do them specifically. Not just on the main map.

I'm finding my guys getting taking out and as far I'm as away you can only keep one ration at a time on you and then it's a knightmare if more than one of your vikings is on the deck.

Any tips regarding getting through the raids?

Can you also etc the raids at any point and take your loot back to main hub.

Soldato
Anyone got any tips regarding keeping your guys alive on the raid missions on this?

I'm finding my guys getting taking out and as far I'm as away you can only keep one ration at a time on you and then it's a knightmare if more than one of your vikings is on the deck.

The raids should never be an issue if your power level is there or there abouts. You can bail if it seems to hard but it will reset. Not sure about the loot thing been a while since I played it.

Associate

Pretty sure you can improve the barracks hut thing and they get more rations / become better

Soldato
Anyone tried the Ragnorak DLC yet ? The boss you meet at the start keeps wiping me out think I need to re-learn how to play as it’s been a while since I have done anything and I’m not really sure what I’m doing…..

Soldato
Burnt out by the 100 hour mark with no end in sight. Gave first dlc a few hours until I realised forced busy work in between mildly interesting story ruined it. I actually hated Skill Up's review at first, rewatched it the other week fully agreeing on all points.

Will give this dlc a go but I'm not hopeful. I guess it'll be the 100th mission of [King, Queen or leader of sorts] >> having issues with [deadly rival faction, lacking leadership skills or an unclear heir story line]. Consisting of very forgeable terrain.

I played the start of Valhalla and lost interest, have been tempted to try it again but hearing about the length and grind was putting me off.

Just watched the Skill Up review (thanks for the heads up), it was really well done, whether people agree with his opinion or not. It confirmed all my worst fears but saved me 60 hours of my life :).

Soldato
Started this up again but finding it a bore.
I don't mind all the open map stuff or the story line.

Think it's the combat. It's pretty meh and feels pretty watered down.

Soldato
I’ve tried getting into this but I hate it.

The last decent assassins creed game was unity.

The modern games don’t even feel like assails creed games.

I liked Origins and Odyssey, in a different way, but preferred the older games better for the assassins approach, just felt a lot more stealthy and how it should be, the later games have gone in a completely different direction.

Soldato
I have done about half of the expansion and have no interest in doing any more. Found it pretty boring tbh the Ragnorak setting was interesting but not enough to keep me interested.

Soldato
Yeah it’s definitely a step backwards after two great games. Some of the locations are nicely done and graphically it looks really good but it’s just all a bit dull and far too long to see the ending. Ships are a joke after what they did in Odyssey with those epic fights. Glad the other two games got updates because I’ll happily play them again but not this one.

Caporegime
I’ve gone back to it after ~70 hours and at least 12 months and enjoying it again. They’ve added what seems like quite a lot of free content, new areas etc.

Soldato
Picked it up last week in the sales, so far really liking it. Think I prefer it so far to Origins, never played Odyssey. It's probably just the start area, snow and mountains made it feel like how Skyrim should have felt
Just got to Britain now so will see how it goes, will probably get too grindy for me later on

Associate
Picked it up last week in the sales, so far really liking it. Think I prefer it so far to Origins, never played Odyssey. It's probably just the start area, snow and mountains made it feel like how Skyrim should have felt
Just got to Britain now so will see how it goes, will probably get too grindy for me later on

Come back once you hit 100 hours and only realise you're part way through. Origins was the perfect length, looking back. Odyssey had way better story, main character but was already bloated by the final dlc, and Valhalla feels twice the the size of Odyssey even without including the DLC.

There's a good game in this, but 1/3rd the size of the current game.

Soldato
Come back once you hit 100 hours and only realise you're part way through. Origins was the perfect length, looking back. Odyssey had way better story, main character but was already bloated by the final dlc, and Valhalla feels twice the the size of Odyssey even without including the DLC.

There's a good game in this, but 1/3rd the size of the current game.

I have to agree with this. Lots of fatigue with it. Really good elements but ultimately it is; put a dagger in a map, do some quests, storm a castle. Rinse and repeat.

Back
Top Bottom