Assistance with OPNSense config (Bugged out gateway)

Associate
Hey all,

Sorry to bother however I'm struggling with an area of config on OPNSense relating to the default gateway on the router.

Recently I got a new N100 mini router PC which is replacing a VM which was running OPNSense, I've taken it as an opportunity to clean down my old config and make sure only the essentials are setup on it.

Now, on the old config I had a weird bug where when setting firewall rules to use the "default" gateway option they could not route traffic outbound to the internet.

I thought that by rebuilding the config I might be able to rid myself of this issue, and upon building the new unit it appeared I had however after re-building my VPN which is used for one of the subnets (Set as the gateway for the subnet in a VLAN) with the necessary NAT rules to ensure all traffic goes out via it, I'm finding myself without network connectivity unless I explicitly state my internet connection gateway as the gateway for the outbound firewall rules on each subnet.

It's not a big issue since it is working but I was wondering if anyone could shed light onto what I have done to break it, from what I can see checking out the config on the router my internet connection gateway is set as the default gateway and the uplink so there is no reason the default gateway shouldn't work. Likewise the VPN gateway doesn't appear to be taking priority either.

I'm sure I've done something daft but after a week of looking at logs and going on various sites I've yet to get any closer to what I have done :)

Any help would be superb if possible :)

Back
Top Bottom