• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Assuming its RIP my 280x

Soldato
I kinda know the answer but just want to run this past folks anyway.

Came back to my PC earlier to be met with a crashed display. Rebooted and it keeps either crashing en route to desktop or holds together then crashes when in a game. It picks the dominant colour on the display at the time and fills the screen with that colour. I have pulled the card and re-seated it and booted into safe mode where it did artifact once with vertical lines on the desktop in a typical "GPU dead" fashion.

Reinstalled all drivers and increased the voltage to the card slightly as well but below is what im getting but in whatever colour was on the screen at the time. Also underclocking or overclocking the memory clock makes it flicker like a *****, see video.

RGSwNHf.jpg

So im assuming its safe to say RIP 280X. Also any thoughts on a cheap as possible used equivalent or slightly better option to keep me running until Christmas/new year as funds are a bit tight at the moment and I intend to do a full new build at the end of the year.

I got a bit confused here lol, it's Tahiti. Still great!

Correct actually it is Tahiti and its served well

Asking the real question here, what's the desktop background of/from? It looks interesting.

As not to sidetrack too much i've put the source in the spoiler tag and where its from.
Its a piece of art based the Japanese web/mobile and arcade game Kantai collection aka Kancolle depicting the IJN carriers (left to right) Akagi, Kaga, Hiryuu and Souryuu. It's also an Anime and had a movie

656191.jpg

671354.jpg

That flickering in the video is a long running issue with overclocking GCN1 cards since Crimson drivers using multiple monitors or 144hz monitors, i and many others have reported it to AMD many times but they refuse to fix it.

hmm would explain as I'm on 144hz monitor.

Interestingly today so far it hasn't crashed and I've been able to play Civ 5 and World of Warships for a fair few hours without issue. The card wasnt running overly hot but im wondering if maybe the Vram was a bit too toasty the other night?

Back
Top Bottom