Astra - clutch start.

Man of Honour
In a nutshell, I've knackered five Astra police vehicles since January. The ones we use are latest models and to start them the clutch must be dipped before it will start. On the five occasions I've had problems, its been the same thing. The vehicle will not start and when recovered to workshops, Vauxhall are contacted and a code is given which gives an electronic reset which rectifies the problem, so I'm told anyway.

While one was being recovered, I asked about it to the fella and he said it was a common problem with them. As for my colleagues, I have been mercilessly ribbed and am now known at the clutch ****er. :/

So car experts, is it a technical fault that I have been unlucky enough to have five times ? Any Astra owners had similar problems ?

Man of Honour
OP
At Frodders, I'm going back to 2001 when I did my response driving course but back then, 5 series Beemers were available to police for about 12k less than book price. I can't imagine it's got any worse as so many forces use the 530 now so there are bulk discounts to be had.

Man of Honour
OP
So you're one of them that rags a car all over the place eh? :p
Let this be a warning to us all thinking of purchasing an ex police vehicle :p ;)

Vauxhalls... they're made from cardboard parts man, saying that tho it's not an issue I've come across before and lal my brother and his mates drive are vauxhalls.

You guys still getting VXR style specs with the plain interior and exterior?

That's the thing matey, I don't rag them about. There are 'flight' recorders in all vehicles now that record speed, gear, revs, cornering laid and so on so only an idiot would thrash them when not responding and even then they shouldn't be strarskied around corners etc.

Back
Top Bottom