Astro Turf worth it ?

Soldato
I can't see any pros to fake grass. Might as well just concrete your garden over and put a rug out.

Can't beat a nice proper lawn.

Yep, its garbage, drove past a fairly nice house today, had fake grass out front, immediately gave the whole front area cheap look about it.

Everytime I cut my grass about 10 birds come out to eat the bugs, so I wouldn't want to do it for that reason alone.

Soldato
Astro turf is definitely worth getting if its in your budget, Looks good all year round and if you have kids they can play out in the garden all year round without making mess in your house when they come back indoors :)

Heaven forbid a toddler gets muddy playing outside!

Associate
Haha if that's what you take from that no problem. Try reading the post again, where did I say there is anything wrong in general with Kids getting muddy playing outside? I have not I am talking about a specific circumstance fella,

The same principal could apply to having a dog, You let your dog out in the garden several times a day would you want to clean up the mud etc. after it every 10 minutes, No but nowhere have I put don't take your dog out for a longer run to the park and let it get muddy have I.

Soldato
Have no problem with my little one getting covered in mud head to toe but life will be much easier when he can run in and out to his hearts content without trapesing mud/grass cuttings everywhere we life in a small house so use the garden like an extra room and appropriate flooring outside will improve the integration.

Soldato
I'm very surprised how many people are against artificial grass in this thread. I can only assume those people haven't seen the decent stuff laid currently.

I honestly can't name any cons over real grass.

Associate
I'm sick to death of mowing my grass but I still worry about my dog's urine developing a lingering smell on false grass. Can anyone comment?

Soldato
I used https://www.expressgrass.com/

The grass I used was Ashton Elite. It doesn't seem to exist anymore, maybe they rebranded it to just Ashton? I'd strongly grab a selection of samples. They vary greatly in colour and length.

We had problems with the delivery, but that was Tuffnells fault. We had ordered for a Friday delivery, but they left it at the depot or something stupid, which meant we didn't get it until Monday. Tuffnells were absolutely unbelievable, promised I'd see it Saturday, but it never showed. Complained to Express Grass, they didn't seem to care - but they did refund the delivery charge in the end.

Associate
I used https://www.expressgrass.com/

The grass I used was Ashton Elite. It doesn't seem to exist anymore, maybe they rebranded it to just Ashton? I'd strongly grab a selection of samples. They vary greatly in colour and length.

We had problems with the delivery, but that was Tuffnells fault. We had ordered for a Friday delivery, but they left it at the depot or something stupid, which meant we didn't get it until Monday. Tuffnells were absolutely unbelievable, promised I'd see it Saturday, but it never showed. Complained to Express Grass, they didn't seem to care - but they did refund the delivery charge in the end.

Thanks for the info, ive ordered a sample pack. You got any photos of your garden with the grass?

Soldato
Our garden should be done now, the guys fitting had to stop yesterday as it was raining pretty hard, they called back at 8am this morning to join the two pieces together and pin it down, all we need to do then is put some edging boards in, not sure what yet and build some decking.

total cost so far for 85sqm fitted is £3600 :/ will post a picture once i get home.

Back
Top Bottom