Asus A8V series boards

Man of Honour
Does anyone know what happened to the A8V series that were for sale here? I would put this in new product suggestions but I assume they were no longer stocked for a reason, perhaps because the A8V-E SE was similar price to how cheap the low end nForce 4 boards have become but lacked certain features.

The A8V-XE in particular looks like quite a good board now, priced around £35 - 45 with 16x PCI-E, 3 PCI, 2 1x PCI-E and unlike A8V-E SE it has SATA 2 (with 4 ports, to SEs 2) and onboard HD audio. Only thing it is missing from the nForce 4 boards is the Firewall and such and Gigabit ethernet. At that price it is nice to have a full size ATX board alternative (to the mostly M-ATX boards in that price range). Though admittedly it prolly won't overclock much and this is overclockers ;)

http://www.asus.com.tw/products4.aspx?l1=3&l2=15&l3=143&model=1043&modelmenu=1

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Yay :D
Asus A8V-XE VIA K8T890 (Socket 939) PCI-Express DDR Motherboard (MB-160-AS)
£46.99

/pimp
100% passive cooling and cool running, 6 channel HD audio + SP/DIF, Opteron and X2 range fully supported out of the box, PCI/PCI-E frequency lock, NCQ, 2x PCI-E 1x (at bottom of board so actually free to use unlike certain other boards), updated SATA support with PATA emulation (no more Windows F6 drivers required unlike VT8237). Umm... that all I can think of right now :p

Back
Top Bottom