Asus AN8-E freeze with USB device

Associate
Recently added a USB webcam to my machine. It will freeze at boot if the webcam is plugged in, just after windows switches resolution. I found 1 post with people with problems with an AN8-E and USB devices that are always on.

If I disconnect the webcam, machine boots fine. I can reconnect it after boot and it work too.

Anyone else had a problem?

Last edited:
Well this took an O/S re-install but it's sorted. There is a number of options of why this was causing trouble:

1. After OS reinstall, I may have booted the PC with the camera plugged in before I installed the drivers.
2. I didn't go anywhere near the nForce SATA storage drivers, which are reported to cause trouble with USB bits. (Cause me trouble full stop with long boots etc so I never install them now).
3. I just got the right order of drivers installed this time (sound, graphics then camera.

I think the main problem was '1' though.

No problems booting with it plugged in now (fingers crossed).

I'll be honest, once setup correctly it works nicely, but I had to learn a lot to get it right to setup this Asus mobo. BIOS reflash, Some ASUS applications don't work or don't install, can't use the nForce SATA drivers and now the USB issue. Although it is fine now, I would shy away from ASUS in the future on the basis of this experience.

Back
Top Bottom