ASUS chipset cooling help

Xez

Xez

Associate
Hi everyone

My friend is in a little bit of a pickle. He really wants the Lian-Li PC V1000 PLUS case. However he has a ASUS sli premium motherboard and is worried about the chipset as it has a heatpipe which wont work if he gets the case. He has water cooling so was thinking of getting the Swiftech MCW30 Chipset Waterblock from here. He has 2 6800GT's in SLI and is worried that the cards will be in the way. If anyone has any suggestions or any different blocks that would be great :D

Many thanks

Associate
I have the lian li V1000+ and have to say that it is an excellent case keeps my system very cool. The chipset cooling will work fine, cant really see any reason at all why it wouldnt? Also the i think im right in saying that the v1000+ is ideal for water cooling there is plenty of room in the case for a water cooling setup and there should be more than enough room between the cards.

Xez

Xez

Associate
OP
The heatpipe wont work because heat rises... and the chipset will be above so the heat will have to go down. So his temperatures will sky rocket thats why it wont work. :(

Back
Top Bottom