Asus EEE 1000H vs Samsung NC10

fiveub's Slave
Associate
For christmas im going to get a netbook! Was going to go for the 1000H but then i find out about the samsung!

The main things i am bothered about is:-

-good battery life
-wireless N would be nice
-good keyboard

It appears that the 1000H has wireless N but the samsung has a nicer keyboard apparently? Also the Samsung has a bigger HD space.

Which would you go for out of the two? Or is there another i should consider. My budget is around £400 so could go for somone more expensive?

Cheers. :)

Associate
wireless N : afaik is only good when used with other wireless N.
battery life : is brilliant, i get about 5 hours solid on high settings.
keyboard : is perfectly fine for me and ive got big hands!, ok its not hte biggest keyboard but is layed out well.

i personally was gonna go for the 1000H but then bought the sammy as it has larger hdd and was cheaper although prices have gone up abit its still cheaper.

one thing you might wanna check out first tho is the trackpad.. its a little small on the NC10 but with a play with settings and 2fingerscroll its ok.

Soldato
I am the owner of an NC10 I reviewed just a few days ago.

Battery life is probably the best on the Samsung from what I have experienced and read. My average battery life is just over 8hrs, averaging 8hrs exactly. Highest I saw was 9hrs 30mins. Insane I know.

The NC10 keyboard is stunning in use. My only complaint is the lack of dedicated Home & End keys.

Those wanting an SSD won't be too pleased here. I did want an SSD but was unhappy about the EeePC's whole 4GB fast SSD, and a 16GB slower one on their 20GB models. In the end I reluctantly went for the 160GB mechanical HD on the NC10.

The main con here is as mentioned, the trackpad. It's vertical length is just poor until you adapt to it. You can also use 2 finger scrolling via a small app.

Don
On a 1000 at the moment, really useful gadget really.. Keyboard is easy to use, A LOT better than the 901.

I just wish there was a scroller bar on the mouse pad, these things are supposed to be netbooks and they can't even add one of these :(

Associate
They didnt add it because they used the two finger scroll instead. Which is great when you get used to it!
Only problem is I keep trying to 2 finger scroll on my Ultima Mobile now :(

fiveub's Slave
Associate
OP
EErgh!

Need to order tonight.
Still not sure.

Is wirelress N THAT important? Thats the only thing swading me towards the Asus.

But the Samsung has a bigger HD, and nicer keyboard? (apparently)

fiveub's Slave
Associate
OP
Wireless N hardly makes much of a difference. Had it for a while on my main router. I'd be more concerned about the midget sized NC10 touchpad.

Hmm, is the touchpad bigger on the 1000H? Is the keyboard much better on the samsung?

fiveub's Slave
Associate
OP
Finnaly bit the bullet and bought the 1000H with the 160gb HD, 1gb ram (bought a 2gb stick. :)

Got it for £290 so im happy. :)

Back
Top Bottom