ASUS Eee Pad Transformer 2

Soldato
What do we know so far?

Not a lot to be perfectly honest, but this will no doubt be a big launch.

The Transformer 2 will almost certainly be equipped with NVIDIA's new Kal-El chip (aka Tegra 3), which is going to be quad core and clocked at 1.5GHz. Rumour is ASUS have bought up a lot of these chips for use in their new Tablet(s).

The tablet is rumoured for Q4 2011, but it may have been delayed or the schedule altered to coincide with the release of Android 4.0.

The rest of the specifications are purely speculative, but we should expect it to at least equal the Transformer 1 in screen size, pixel density and quality. The major selling point of the Transformer 1 was its versatility, and so perhaps we should expect good connectivity and perhaps even backwards compatibility with the existing dock.

Most of this info is from here, please add any leaks/news items on the Transfomer 2 and we can start to get a good idea of what to expect from the device as it comes closer to being released! I can update this OP as we go along. I couldn't see another Transformer 2 thread.

I was personally looking into purchasing the Transformer, but with the Transformer 2 and other Tegra 3 tablets potentially very close, I may hold off as it's not an essential item. Anyone else waiting for this, or happy with their Transformer 1 for now?

Is the issue with 1080p that the processor isn't powerful enough, or just wireless bandwidth or something else?

You know how it is with tech, everything seems to get replaced almost every 18 months now.

Well if you don't have the dock, that adds another 6.5 hours of life according to ASUS. If you do, is that realistic?

I wonder if the Tegra 3 will be more efficient.

Having used the Windows 8 Developer Preview, I would say Android 4 would be better for a mobile device like the transformer. Windows 8 will be better for more powerful devices.

Back
Top Bottom