ASUS Eee Pad Transformer 2

lol, am actually souring a little on getting one now, I want to hold one and see it with ICS... Keyboard dock or not to keyboard dock?

I guess I just want to see what it can do, benchmarks, new games etc...

There's a few things I have gotten used to with the tab 10.1 tab now which I don't want to be without if I switch again... Does it have vibrate? Haptic feedback is good, I also like the style of the tabs bottom bar I wish it was better on the transformer :-( Also not sure on that big bezel.

Screen on the current Transformer was really nice but having seen it next to the Samsung Tab 8.9 (which doesn't even have a Super Amoled Screen) the Samsung was nicer so I'd imagine that the Super AMOLED would be much better....

^ Your question made perfect sense to me ;)

It should be as good, if not better than the galaxy tab 10.1 PLS screen (Samsungs version of IPS) but the tab 7.7 should take the cake with a rather epic 1280*800 sAMOLED+ screen.

It's also worth noting Apple are buying up all the expensive, super high (1080p+?) resolution displays for the iPad 3.

Last edited:
Will be keeping an eye on this, happy enough with my Playbook for now but it does seem to occasionally pick a day to just refuse to work - that said I'm sure a lot of mobile devices do I know my Xoom did too!!
Will be very interested to see performance figures and play with it in the flesh! Will be hard to resist some of the new Android quad cores in Q1 next year!

Probably around $350, good screens are expensive.

Hopefully they'll release a cheaper 16GB version once the original stocks are depleted.

They are indeed but the ipad is £399 (disregarding storage... 16 extra gb doesnt warrant £100 price hike)
Pricing it above the ipad is madness regardless of the fact its a better bit of kit

The OG Transformer still occupies that lower end price bracket and it's the only none Apple tablet that hasn't suffered a price cut (still selling well at the original price!)

We need to wait until it's EOL before a cheaper prime version gets released.

Back
Top Bottom