ASUS Eee Pad Transformer 2

Then what is their agenda? I find that extremely hard to believe considering a) it's nVidia, b) their marketing media for both Tegra 2 and Tegra 3 is around gaming and c) the sheer amount of Tegra exclusives on the market.

Simple matter of fact is, hardware and application wise, the iPad2 is still king of the hill. Something that's quite surprising seeing as the iPad2 is quite old now and the release cycle for Android devices is much quicker because of the sheer amount of manufacturers.

their agenda is make the fast but make them cheap - small die size, low cost - they have sold them to HTC/Asus/Lenovo/Acer. Then 6-9 months later bring out a new soc when it makes business sense. They are trying to get a foothold in the soc market - if they made high end expensive and big socs I bet not many vendors would buy it.

Performance is more than enough for the majority of people that buy tablets. Not the high end gaming geeks who are expecting everything form a £400 tab.

How many people will even know who Nvidia are when buying tabs? 5%?

How many people buying Ipad2's do proper 3d gaming on them - I bet not many... say max 15%. Apple needed a good gpu as they only have one device - one size fits all. There are many options and socs when it comes to Android tabs and the end user can pick whats needed.

How many people buying Ipad2's do proper 3d gaming on them - I bet not many... say max 15%. Apple needed a good gpu as they only have one device - one size fits all. There are many options and socs when it comes to Android tabs and the end user can pick whats needed.
A fair few more then that I bet as mobile gaming on Android and Apple added together has now overtaken Sony and Nintendo added together. If we take that fact and look at many of the top games and apps which are 3D we have to assume a large amount of people well into the millions if not 10,'s of millions are playing 3d games.

Many of the top selling games are in the millions sold and 3D. From Call of Duty, Real Racing HD & Infinity blade along with all the others.

http://gigaom.com/2011/11/09/sorry-nintendo-sony-phone-games-win-more-dollars/

Your stats don't show what percentage of ipad owners properly play 3d games on their pad.

They may also buy the game thinking its good and never play it more than a few times because 3d gaming is still quite far behind even on the ipad. I sure as hell would not do proper gaming on a tab as its like going back in time 5 years.

You wouldn't replace an Xbox with one, regardless of the tablet..
Well no, but a lot of people would if there were more of the high quality games. Games like shadowgun and riptide, plus some of the upcoming games are good enough graphics wise for the kind of people that make do with a Wii. The problem is there are not many games of that graphic quality, which would change if more developers put in more resources.

Duty is VAT........

VAT is VAT, Duty is Duty. You can pay VAT but no Duty and you can pay Duty but not VAT or any other combination. Saying that Duty is VAT is essentially saying that the duty will be 20% which it wont be most of the time.

I've seen plenty of instances where they are separated which is why I mentioned it. VAT is almost always at 20% (depends on the product type but almost everything you buy online is going to be in the 20% bracket) while Import Duty varies from product to product as well as which country it is coming from iirc.

Back
Top Bottom