ASUS Eee Pad Transformer 2

It will play h.264 @ bluray 40mbps levels. That should answer your question :)

Not really. I don't use H.264 format; I do use MKV. It makes a big difference to me, therefore, whether or not the Transformer Prime has native MKV playback.

Regarding the relative cost of the device in the UK and abroad: the price of $499 is tablet only, with the dock costing an additional $120. The cited UK price of £499 includes the dock. So it's £500 versus $620, which is not totally unreasonable and a lot better than the usual 1:1 ratio we get on technology prices.

What about us plebs in the UK where it's not getting released until the New Year anyway? :D

I suppose it depends on when ICS is released for it and when we get the Prime. If the Prime is launched here on say the 15th of Jan but ICS isn't officially released until the 12th then you'll have to update since they won't have had time to pre load at the factory in order to get stock levels up. If ICS is released on the 12th but we don't get the Prime until the 30th then It will probably come with it.

Will buy as soon as I can and am looking forward to it.

Think I'll be joining you mate, Seriously want something to use as a secondary media device around the house and as a primary when traveling, as I plan on being on trains a lot more in the coming year. Also with a side note to work.

I just hate jumping on technology, But this genuinely looks fantastic in style, build and performance for the current lot. There's always the risk that it becomes old news within weeks and i feel robbed, so i'm hoping the Samsung isn't due out for a good long while.

I'm guessing not enough IPS screens or Asus not risking high volume production.

It certainly won't be Tegra 3 low yields, it's a simple design based on TSMC's mature 40nm node and still quite small SoC compared to Exynos/A5/Snapdragon.

Listening to latest Engadget Podcast and they are gushing over this tablet and declaring it the current king of tablets. It looks so awesome im going to sell my touchpad for this when its out

Bump to keep this thread up.

I've found myself Googling thing's like 'Transformer Prime Uk Release' and 'Preorder' for the past week. Extremely excited for this now. For my first adventure into the tablet market, i'm also a little nervous at spending what will be £500(Hopefully) on a tablet/dock in the hopes that it does everything I'd like to smoothly.

Also that video should have shown more, too much time spent on the camera, a feature very few will be regarding as a primary use.

on a slightly off-topic note, found myself laughing at a guy taking pictures and recording footage on his Ipad2 at a Dj Shadow gig last year. Honestly had vision's of him dropping it and crying on his knees.

There's a couple of these on ebay now for £450 from Taiwan excluding the dock. Not a bad price but maybe a little dogi :p Still no news on a UK date? :(

USA/Canada should get them on the 19th by the looks of it - will be tricky to import one before xmas :(

Back
Top Bottom