ASUS Eee Pad Transformer 2

Just to let everyone know. As from from today you are able to pre order the transformer prime in the uk. The list of retailers doing this are as follows. PC World, Currys, Comet, Amazon, Argos and ******. Haven't checked them all but just been on ****** and see its available on there. Release date just says : Expected Janurary. Haven't ordered just yet but once I get home from work I'm going to have a look around. If any one finds any thing interesting out then let me know please. Thanks

Just to let everyone know. As from from today you are able to pre order the transformer prime in the uk. The list of retailers doing this are as follows. PC World, Currys, Comet, Amazon, Argos and ******. Haven't checked them all but just been on ****** and see its available on there. Release date just says : Expected Janurary. Haven't ordered just yet but once I get home from work I'm going to have a look around. If any one finds any thing interesting out then let me know please. Thanks

I can't see it on the Rain Forest place, but the others are listing the gold 32GB bundle for £500. :)

Thinks its gonna be same price everywhere to be honest. Prob will just see who offers best quidco cash back option. Get a little money back. Can't wait, feel like a kid at Xmas.

Can't past it as found it on work PC and I'm on forum on mobile. But if u search on google on a website called recombu there is links to websites that have pre orders up including PC World and Car Phone warehouse. Overclockers need to get on the case and set up pre order link.

On that ebay listing from Taiwan it says 1 year global warranty so that seems a ok reason to buy it from abraod. I have offered a cheeky offer of 400

If I get it for around that price thats a good deal hey? compared to the UK price?

Just be aware you may well get charged duty and vat by customs on something like this.

Another review here:
http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/tablets/371776/asus-eee-pad-transformer-prime
Looks like it is only available with dock at present then?

trustedreviews

http://www.trustedreviews.com/asus-eee-pad-transformer-prime_Laptop_review

Verdict 10/10

Asus’ Tranformer Prime is a thing of beauty. Despite being easily as thin and light as most rivals, this aluminium-clad tablet is far more powerful thanks to its quad-core Tegra 3 internals. This also means that smooth 1080p video playback on a tablet and console-quality gaming on Android are finally realities, and the Prime shows them off on the best tablet screen we’ve yet seen. The keyboard dock is the icing on a very tasty cake, and though there are a few concessions compared to the original Transformer’s dock, it’s still an amazing add-on that not only makes the Prime one of the most versatile devices on the market, but also one of the longest-lasting. Quite simply, the Prime is the best Android tablet available and arguably the best tablet per se.

Am I reading those power numbers right? The Transformer 2 with dock and 5th core has less battery life then the Transformer 1? Without dock still worse battery life then an Ipad. Surprised I really thought the 5th core would make a much larger difference. Seemed like a great idea. Unless it did work but the quad cores higher drain hide the boost.

The new dock has a smaller capacity battery (so its lighter/thinner) Tegra 3 delivers great battery life/performace considering its using the same 40nm process.

Given how well ICS runs on the nexus hardware - it should run beautifully on the Prime. I read somewhere that ICS has a more aggressive hardware acceleration setup than HC - and the extra power of Tegra 3 will be the icing....he hopes.

Back
Top Bottom