Asus Gaming Minitower frequent Browser crashes and BSOD issues

Associate
Hi,

First post so if my query is in the wrong subsection, please let me know and I shall delete and repost, accordingly.

Please can someone try to help with my problem which is making my PC unusable?

The machine randomly crashes (BSOD) and whatever Browser I use (eg Brave, Opera, Firefox) even more regularly displays a page-crash or simply closes entirely - with no apparent rhyme nor reason (no recognisable catalyst) for either event.

Details as follows - AsusTEK MiniTower PC

Motherboard - Tuf Gaming B550m-Plus (WiFi) Rev X.0x
Processor - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core
Display adapter - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER
Hard drive - SAMSUNG HN-M750MBB
RAM: 16Gb (2 x 8Gb) Corsair CMH16GX4M2Z360-0C18 DDR4 288pin
Windows 10 Professional (x64) (build 19043) - OS
Boot Mode: UEFI (Secure Boot likely not supported by this UEFI)
WiFi (on board) - Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz
Network (on board) - Realtek PCIe 2.5GbE Family Controller
PSU - XPG CORE REACTOR

Original BIOS - Ver.2423 dated 26 Aug 2021

DIAGNOSTIC TESTS PERFORMED TO ALL (collectively) AND EACH (seperately) - including stress tests - ALL PASSED OK.

REOLUTION PROCEDURE ATTEMPTS UNDERTAKEN (all failed as issues persist):

01. Temporarily replaced original SSD storage with above (known good) SATA drive for testing with a clean install of Windows 10. Updated all drivers from manufacturers' websites and updated Windows 10, fully.
02. Updated BIOS to latest manufacturer's (BETA) revision (Ver.2603) dated 9 Feb 2022.
03. Replaced above Display Adaptor with (known good) nVidea alternative (plus latest drivers) and tested via both PCIEX16 bays. Subsequently reinstated original GeForce RTX.
04. Switched each RAM module's slot positon. Relocated RAM from slots A2/B2 to A1/B1. Tested each RAM module in each slot without the other RAM module's presence. Reinstated RAM modules to original A2/B2 slots.
06. Disabled Intel Wifi in Device Manager and hardwired Realtek PCIe to Router via RJ45 cable.
06. Disabled Intel Wifi in BIOS and hardwired Realtek PCIe to Router via RJ45 cable.
07. Disabled Intel Wifi and Realtek in BIOS and substituted USB WiFi for Internet access. Subsequently removed USB WiFi and enabled both Intel WiFi and Realtek PCIe in BIOS and Device Manager.

Any help or advice would be gratefully received. Thank you.

Jay

Back
Top Bottom