Asus Maximus VII Ranger memory compatibilty

Soldato
So I'm looking to upgrade and have found a great deal locally for "Corsair CMD32GX3M4A1600C9 Dominator Platinum Series 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR3 1600 Mhz C9 XMP 1.3".

Would this work ok with the Maximus VII Ranger mobo? A well know PC part picker website seems to think it would be ok but I would really like to make sure.

I normally wouldn't go as high as 32gb but for the price and my use of the UE4 editor/engine SDK it would certainly come in handy.

Associate
If it is not in the QVL list, I can't confidently say it will work, because it is a 4 module kit. If it was 2 module kit, I'd say your kit will extremely likely work well.

Man of Honour
The only people who can tell you that it will definately work is someone with the same kit in the same board and running the same bios. QVL lists are rarely updated and there is such a huge amount of memory kit's it would be a never ending task. I had a Asus Z87 Maximus Hero VI running 4x 4Gb sticks of Samsung Green which were not on it's QVL list but it ran and overclocked them very well. It was probably the most rock solid pc I ever had. I have found Corsair memory to be very motherboard friendly and it's not often that you see a memory/motherboard compatibility problem where Corsair memory is involved.

Back
Top Bottom