Asus P5b deluxe + E6600

Associate
Anyone had any issues running this board with an E6600?

Even with the new bios released a few days ago and multiple selections of ram the thing would post about once in 50 attempts.

BIOS beep codes were complaining that it could not read convential memory (AMI bios 1 long, 3 short) but the memory worked completely fine in another machine.

Tried updating bios, no avail, machine just plain doesnt seem to want to hold bios settings (acted very oddly) or the memory controller on the board is ******. Either way its going back to where I bought it from (not here) tommorow. A real shame, my first experience with ASUS after years with abit and I sure paid for it :(

I'm just wondering if im missing something, or I'm likely to have the same issues with another board of the same type. Im not encouraged by the reports of other people having issues with the E6600 :/

One last point, i used a thermaltake big typhoon cooler... the pads are still stuck to the back of the board. I can't remove them for fear of screwing the board up and to be honest even if i did get them off I couldnt reuse them in that state. Anyone know where I can get replacement pads and an H bracket, otherwise my cooler is now useless leaving me £35 quid down. Thermaltake themselves dont seem too keen to respond :(

Much love!

Dime

Associate
OP
Ah thats actually quite helpful already because I'm using corsair :)
So that makes me feel even better that the memory I was using was totally fine :)

Anyhow, board is going back today. No idea on the turnaround times... maybe i'll have my new pc up and working before the end of the month.

Back
Top Bottom