ASUS PN5SLI Total failure

Associate
I bought an ASUS PN5SLI nForce 570 motherboard with an Intel celeron D 351 3.2GHz processor, and crucial 2x512MB memory. Total failure on switch on. All components worked when transferred to another motherboard. The ROM was reset with no change. Nothing appeared on the monitor and no sound was heard in the speakers. Any ideas?

Man of Honour
If you transferred them all to a different motherboard with exactly the same components in both systems and they worked, then yup, I'd say deaded mobo.

Soldato
Is the little LED light on? If not, then it's definitely cream crackered. If the light is on, then it's probably still cream-crackered but check no-one has reset the CMOS and left the jumper in the wrong place. Other than that, I suspect it's an RMA job.

Soldato
its always worth with asus boards either trying to get rid of any static by disconnecting the power from the psu and pressing the power on button a few times.. I've been suprised by lights coming on, fans spinning up etc for a second or 2 when there is no power connected.

Also whip the cmos battery out and leave it out for a few hours. Can't remember wether this should be done with the cmos jumper in the clear position, try both.. Nothing to lose.

I've had a couple of asus boards come back from the dead using a couple of these tricks.

Also play with the ram, I just had a stick die on me and I was convinced the mobo was dead until started moving the ram sticks about and found out one was fubar but the mobo was fine.

Associate
OP
Thanks for suggestions. RAM was in yellow sockets. Overclockers have agreed to take the mobo back and replace it. Posted 5 p.m. yesteraday arrived with them this morning - more efficient than usual service!

Back
Top Bottom