Asus Prime AP201 size sanity check

Soldato
Hey all!

Been wanting a new case for a while, been flip flapping between going all out, balls to the wall Phanteks NV7 RGB, or going more low key and downsizing from my current Phanteks P600S.

Change in circumstances and a tapering off of gaming activity has made me go for the latter.

So now I'm on the hunt for a mATX case that will take a:

- Strix 4090
- CM MWE Gold V2 1250W
- 280mm rad in the top
- 140mm fans front and rear (less important, new fans aren't too much expense but if I can reuse it'd be grand!)

So far I've come across the following:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus-prime-ap201-microatx-case-white-ca-063-as.html - I don't think this will take the length of the Strix 4090?
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/jons...x-pc-case-white-tempered-glass-ca-02q-jb.html - Will this handle the thickness of the 4090? Anyone know if it's possible to get a solid/mesh side panel?

The other thing I will need is a mATX mobo, does anyone have anything bad to say about the Gigabyte AMD Ryzen B650M AORUS ELITE AX ICE?

Any other white, mATX case recommendations would be greatly appreciated :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Just realised, the D31 has a max PSU size of 140mm and my PSU is 180mm sadly :(

Asus P201 it is the only option I think!
Lian Li A3 has one combination that it would work with an ATX PSU, I think, but at 358mm clearance and the Strix being 357.6, not convinced how well that'd go.

To be brutal, I don't think it is worth replacing a P600S with the AP201 anyway, because the footprint of that case (even though it is MATX) is pretty big and saving space height-wise is not usually of much benefit with cases.

The other thing I will need is a mATX mobo, does anyone have anything bad to say about the Gigabyte AMD Ryzen B650M AORUS ELITE AX ICE?

Any other white, mATX case recommendations would be greatly appreciated :D
B650M Gaming Plus (white heatsinks)
B650M Pro RS (as above)
B650M Project Zero (needs case support for rear mounted connectors)

Soldato
OP
@Tetras

Strangely vertical space saving is actually something I'm interested in :cry: If I can find the right size case I can get my PC on top of the server which sits under my desk!

I've found the Lian Li Dan A3, and now wondering if that could work? Looks like the GPU length is enough, but I'm wondering if my 180mm PSU would give it enough clearance?

Man of Honour
I've found the Lian Li Dan A3, and now wondering if that could work? Looks like the GPU length is enough, but I'm wondering if my 180mm PSU would give it enough clearance?
There's a series of maps on their website, it is complicated, but I think the only combination that works with a long PSU would give you just 0.4mm of clearance :o

Soldato
I have an Asus ap201 case it fits my sapphire vapo 7900xtx pretty well along with the fastest noctua aircooler you can get, I'll link you to my thread I made about it.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
There's a series of maps on their website, it is complicated, but I think the only combination that works with a long PSU would give you just 0.4mm of clearance :o

Yeah, I'm thinking the most sensible thing to do will probably be to get an SFX PSU if I am going to go down this path, but just more cost :o

Thanks for the link @bakes0310, will have a read!

Man of Honour
Yeah, I'm thinking the most sensible thing to do will probably be to get an SFX PSU if I am going to go down this path, but just more cost :o
If you're going to do that, I'd say it makes more sense to go ITX, though you might struggle to fit the Strix 4090 in one of those :o

Soldato
OP
If you're going to do that, I'd say it makes more sense to go ITX, though you might struggle to fit the Strix 4090 in one of those :o

Yeah ITX might be a bit of a tight fit!

I think this is one for my next full build in a few years time, nothings wrong at the moment so will just pop a 7800x3D in and close the case up till then :cry:

Actually managed to get my PC under my desk which was kind of the main goal anyway, not perfect, but not worth blasting £1000 on a new set up to get perfect haha!

Back
Top Bottom