ASUS PRIME B650-PLUS Long bootup time. Possibly double booting?

Soldato
I'm using a Asus Prime B650 Plus paired with a 7800x3D. Boot up takes about a minute. When I power the system on, the monitors stay black and I won't see a POST screen, it'll just boot into windows after about 40 or so seconds. It seems like it could also possibly be double booting. Using the latest BIOS.

From Googling around this looks to be a known issue with AM5 with various fixes... Just though I'd ask here first in case anyone has come across this issue

Thanks

EXPO seems to be the problem. Disabling it and the system boots up in about 10 seconds compared to the previous 40. Any idea why this is and how to fix?

EDIT - From following Google, going into AI Tweaker in the bios, then DRAM timing control, under DRAM timing control enable 'memory context restore'. This gives a fast boot up, but does anyone know how and why that settings speeds up boot time?

Thanks

Last edited:
The ram timings do not need retraining every time you boot up.

Ah, so I guess that's what was holding the boot up then. Is it bad if I enable this setting? I have no idea what RAM retaining is to be honest. Is it best to be disabled and let the system take longer to boot up or?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom