Asus Pundir 350R Cooling Problem

Associate
Guys,

I have just bought a Asus Pundir 350R second hand for a media PC but it has a bit of a cooling issue. It is a Small form Bookshelf type system so not much room at all inside. it has a 3Gig P4 skt 478 in it at the moment and is running at about 70 degrees. I dont think this is too high but it has a silly fan sensor on it and if it hits 70 then it goes to high and makes a bit of a noise. If i tun it off its on high all the time and I dont want that being in my lounge.
Anyway it has a copper CPU heatsink but its bery low profile and only has a 70mm fan on it which is an unusual size. I cant find anymore infact, or find one that might be quieter and have more airflow. There is not enough height for a converter ring to take it to 80mm either.
Any of you guys know of a P4 socket 478 processor heatsink thats not a big as a bus as they all seem to be today but is still effective? it needs to be smallish but its more of a height restriction rather than width, could probably fit an 80mm fan in, but only if the heatsink is nice and shallow.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Soldato
get a standard cheap, but suitable coolermaster or akasa heatsink (£4 one for example) .. cut the fins with a hacksaw so they are the right height, drill a hole in each corner on the fins, tie wrap 80mm fan to it... job done ... and molex power the fan so its not controlled by the daft sensor :)

its how i do my sff systems if hsfs dont fit

Back
Top Bottom