Asus PW5 DH Hard drive problem......help

GiB

GiB

Associate
Hi guys, brought a Asus P5W DH the other day and spent an age working out how to get 2 74gb raptors working with it. Now i have managed this i have another problem, i cannot for the life of me get another 2 hard drives setup on it. I have 2 250GB hitachi drives. I ve tried them on the EZ backup in both raid 0 & 1 and nothing appears, i cannot even get the setting in the bios to stick.

So has anyone got 4 hd drives working on this board in a similar fashion ie 2 raid on the intel chip ich7r and then 2 hard drives on another controller etc.

If so can some one tell me which sata ports to use and how the heck you do it, step by step please in the format of a dummies book with pictures if you like hehe. Doesnt help when asus give you the wrong files etc etc.

So come on someone else must have a similar setup? I ll post any other details you guys want a bit later..

Cheers

GiB

GiB

GiB

Associate
OP
well after messing with the sata cables its working now, not sure i like the configuration of the satas on this board at all, its a nightmare if you have a problem with it. Fingers crossed now its the last of my problems with this mobo.

Cheers for the help.

GiB

GiB

GiB

Associate
OP
UPDATE i cannot overclock at all with the any settings i dial in manually and get this mobo to boot. I can use the asus oc settings that confure everything automatically. best i can get my 2,4 to is 3ghz. Not sure if this is a bios issue or not,

is everyone else on the latest 1101 bios?

i ll post again if i get any further with it, or if anyone has any ideas then let rip,

Cheers

GiB

Back
Top Bottom