Asus Q-Fan these days

Associate
Anyone know if Q-Fan control in bios on modern Asus boards still cap non PWM case fan lowest speed to 60% for "safety" (can't go below 60% with case fan mobo pins)? Can't tell from the manuals, they draw a hard line at 60% in the manual pics making it look like they still do, and silent mode is probably only for PWM fans.

About to do a high end upgrade after a decade and that was one of my main annoyances with Asus (having to always use fan software), I run custom coolers not needing case fan curves, just need permanent 50% speed for silence as my Noctua fans become noticeably audible at 60% or higher.

Doesn't help I still use speedfan lol, which runs fans to 100% on initialization before going to set speed while also getting Windows access violation errors once every couple months on boot. What is the best universal low resources fan software these days... Just found FanControl, is that what people use these days?

not sure if it helps but on the misses machine, which is a b550 asus board, the min speed allows for 200/400 or 600 rpm, with a silent/standard and turbo profile. asus fan bios support still as crap as ever, not sure why they dont add a curve control option in there.. even the asus speed fan thing is now gone from armory crate. they allow you to control your rgb but not fan speed other than 3 profiles :D

Last edited:
Anyone know if Q-Fan control in bios on modern Asus boards still cap non PWM case fan lowest speed to 60% for "safety" (can't go below 60% with case fan mobo pins)? Can't tell from the manuals, they draw a hard line at 60% in the manual pics making it look like they still do, and silent mode is probably only for PWM fans.

About to do a high end upgrade after a decade and that was one of my main annoyances with Asus (having to always use fan software), I run custom coolers not needing case fan curves, just need permanent 50% speed for silence as my Noctua fans become noticeably audible at 60% or higher.

Doesn't help I still use speedfan lol, which runs fans to 100% on initialization before going to set speed while also getting Windows access violation errors once every couple months on boot. What is the best universal low resources fan software these days... Just found FanControl, is that what people use these days?
I use FanControl to control my CPU rad fans and the AIO pump. It's good, does everything I can think of. I then use iCUE simply for the Corsair case fans. Works well and much better than my experience in the past with Asus software, which is not the best.

On my TUF X670E plus there is an option for "Q-Fan tuning"
you click this button and it supposed to detect the minimum duty cycle.
I have my chassis fans set to 50% minimum and they are in DC mode not PWM

Back
Top Bottom