ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition: The Ultimate LGA2011 Motherboard

Man of Honour
Press Release by
Sin
Wednesday, September 11th 2013 Discuss (5 Comments)
Dear Oxford English Dictionary, instead of wasting time adding 'twerking', once you see this you'll want to redefine epic instead! Check the spec and engineering pride below and you'll understand that the new Rampage IV Black Edition is the ultimate LGA2011 motherboard, and the ideal companion for a new Ivy Bridge-E (4th Generation LGA2011) CPU.

Though not to be confused with the previous (non-real product) Rampage IV Extreme in black, the official Rampage IV Black Edition is a whole new product you can buy with a full stack of 2013 ROG innovations. The ROG team went through 5 full layout designs to find the best possible 8 DIMM memory layout topology, and where the ROG team was working on the five new Z87 boards in the first half on this year, that whole team has focused efforts on just the Black Edition this time around!

General features:
•Ivy Bridge-E optimized design
•The only ROG with an all-black color-scheme.
•SupremeFX Formula [2013] with WIMA and ELNA capacitors, OpAmp headphone amplifier and 120dB SNR.
•Sonic Radar software
•Extreme Engine DIGI+ III (VRM design)
•802.11ac Wi-Fi
•12 SATA [8 SATA 6Gbps]
•8 USB 3.0
•USB BIOS Flashback
•2013 UEFI updates, including Secure Erase, Last Modified Log, Quick Note and ROG Pulse (see more on our innovations page)

http://www.techpowerup.com/190570/asus-rampage-iv-black-edition-the-ultimate-lga2011-motherboard.html

What more can I say.:D

Man of Honour
OP
I am pre ordering one in the morning when I get home from work.:D

It will be interesting to see what the Corsair Dominator Platinums can do on one of these.:D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
I am quite unhappy about some of the product launches at the moment.

I have had a RIVE black edition on order since 13 September and still waiting.

I have just found out that the EVGA Classified 780ti's I have on order are now delayed to 27 Dec.

The performance of the 780ti's in general is short of where it should be, they should be right up there with the GTX 690 but a lot of the time they don't get close.

The latest intel CPUs (4770k, 4960, 4930k) are all poor clockers.

What is going on in the PC marketplace, do manufacturers want to kill it ?

Man of Honour
OP
My new RIVE Black Edition has arrivied from OCUK.:)

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=25434742&postcount=20

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18562877

d3is.jpg

znqw.jpg

st5q.jpg

0zv5.jpg

Man of Honour
OP
Seems I have a warm reception awaiting me!

Firstly I'd like to say that any criticism aimed at OcUK/Andrew is totally unjustified. From what I can see he has been giving up to date, correct information.

Stock of the RIVBE has been very, very limited (Captain Obvious), not just to OcUK, but everywhere in the UK and the rest of Europe as matter of fact.

I'm going to inquire to see what the latest on this situation is and let you all know asap. Apologies for the frankly abysmal levels of stock available.

Any updates please.

Man of Honour
OP
Hope to see some benchies to see how it compares to the rive :D are you able to put 2x 290x's in both systems for a test??

Just hit a slight snag, I opened up the box with my new 900D in it and it turns out that someone has already used it. The in/out shield from an Asus mobo left in place gave it away. Then I noticed some of the screws and accessories are missing.

I am not happy.:mad:

Man of Honour
OP
Oh **** that's not good, bought from ocuk?? I wouldn't be impressed one bit :(

This is what I found when I opened the box, can any one match the mobo to the in/out shield in the pic ?

35o6.jpg

Missing screw and PCI slot blank, I found the blank in the bottom of the case but I don't know where the screw is. Also cable ties and other screws missing.

lbpu.jpg

Man of Honour
OP
I thought they were missing but found the small box containing the screws and ties stuffed into a drive caddy. I'd be putting that lot back in the box and demanding a replacement.

It is now back in the box awaiting pickup, new one is on the way. I found the box in the drive caddy but some of the bits were missing.

I wonder if whoever had the case before me is still trying to find his in/out shield.:D

Back
Top Bottom