• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Asus RMA

Associate
Anybody got any experience of how long Asus take to fix/replace a dead card.
Just curious to know if it would be less painfull to buy a new one and sell the old one upon return.
I wouldn't mind but it's only been used for a week continuously. 10 days max!

Associate
OP
Sorry just need to clear a few things up. The card has only been in use for a week as I put it aside after buying and testing it months ago, since then It's been sat waiting to be installed. Also the card has been forwarded on to Asus by the supplier. Thanks for your thoughts guys, I just hope it doesn't take to long.

Associate
OP
It all sounds hopeful then... :D
Ok, another question, whats the best card to buy of reasonable quality (here's me thinking with Asus I didn't need to worry) and best UK support if it breaks again, 'cus' I don't have the time in my life to wait for new release cards.
Well this Birthday Present has gone to ****

Associate
OP
JackCarver, at least we can compare notes! mine got sent to Asus on the 2nd July.
Also to keep things straight, I was told maybe 2 weeks with no committal or offer of any such refund thus far anyway.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I've been thinking of buying a 1070 Ti MSI Gaming or an EVGA FTW 2, I'm not a big fan of the Gigabyte cards for some reason they just look cheap! I may be way off here though.

Associate
OP
It won't. As of a year or two all UK RMA go through the retailer, so don't read too much into people relaying horror stories vicariously through each other. ASUS service is far from stellar, but recent changes bring it to an acceptable level.

Well I was hoping for a quick/better turn around, The retailer informed me that they had tested and sent the card on to Asus on 3rd of July.
#still waiting to hear
What do you :define as acceptable ?

Associate
OP
Just got the card back before the madness begins. The card was replaced by the retailer because it was faulty (I assume that to mean none repairable), so that took just over 3 weeks from the point the retailer recieved the card, that doesn't include Asus fixing the card and sending it back. I guess that would add at least another week if that were to be the case.
Painfull experience noted!

Back
Top Bottom