• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Asus rog 1660 super problem

Associate
Hi all, I'm new here, I have a Asus rog 1660 super with no display..
I set it up in my pc and booted the system up, all was well for 30 seconds then I went to no display, after investigating one of my power cables were leaning on one of the fans and had stopped it turning,
Now no matter what I try I get no display, on power up both fans spin ( one gets a little warm) power light is on but no display,
Would any one know of any repair company's etc I could send it to?
Thanks

Associate
OP
Have you tried using a different GPU or integrated graphics? So you can see if the issues is with the 1660 or with something else in the PC? It sounds like your mb isn't posting properly.

Yes we have 2 other 1660 supers and 1 3060 ti in the house, all esle works as it should
(We have twin girls that like to game)

Associate
Yes we have 2 other 1660 supers and 1 3060 ti in the house, all esle works as it should
(We have twin girls that like to game)

I see, first you should make sure that all of the PC's drivers are up to date, make sure windows is up to date and get all of the current Nvidia drivers. Make sure that the power supply cables are properly pushed into the GPU, as it is possible it isn't getting enough power. What kind of PSU do you have?
If these things do not work, the GPU may be broken in some way, so get in contact with whoever you bought the card from, or get in contact with ASUS themselves.

Soldato
I think you have pretty much done enough to prove the GPU is knackered.

Its either RMA time or buy a new GPU. Taking the card to a local shop will just cost you money for nothing. It needs a proper electronic diagnostic which will probably cost more than the card is worth for them to tell you it will cost more than a new GPU to repair.

Associate
I think you have pretty much done enough to prove the GPU is knackered.

Its either RMA time or buy a new GPU. Taking the card to a local shop will just cost you money for nothing. It needs a proper electronic diagnostic which will probably cost more than the card is worth for them to tell you it will cost more than a new GPU to repair.

While that would normally be true, in today's GPU market, a new 1660 Super can go for £400-500 in some cases. Anything higher than that will likely be even more, so it's worth trying to get the card fixed before scrapping it. Hopefully it's just a minor issue that can be easily solved. If it was a PSU power surge, that could be a significant problem. Hopefully you still have warranty, so call up/email whoever you bought the card from or go straight to ASUS.

Soldato
While that would normally be true, in today's GPU market, a new 1660 Super can go for £400-500 in some cases. Anything higher than that will likely be even more, so it's worth trying to get the card fixed before scrapping it. Hopefully it's just a minor issue that can be easily solved. If it was a PSU power surge, that could be a significant problem. Hopefully you still have warranty, so call up/email whoever you bought the card from or go straight to ASUS.

Though that is true with regards to pricing its rare you can get a GPU card fixed these days by a third party successfully. If we knew where this could be done I`m pretty sure it would be well known on here and many would be sending their cards to such a place.

Saying that 3060's and 3060ti's are now being made available by OCUK for around that price bracket.

Back
Top Bottom