• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASUS RTX 3070 TUF OC 8GB - Noise

Associate
Does anyone (who has one of these cards) have any info/concerns about noise when under load?

I have read conflicting views about 30xx series noise issues and due to shortage of GPU's, there are limited comparisons/benchmarks covering this aspect. So will probably be relying on anecdotal/subjective comments from those who have bought one. Any and all thoughts would be welcome.

Obviously, there's no rush! :cry:

Soldato
Does anyone (who has one of these cards) have any info/concerns about noise when under load?

I have read conflicting views about 30xx series noise issues and due to shortage of GPU's, there are limited comparisons/benchmarks covering this aspect. So will probably be relying on anecdotal/subjective comments from those who have bought one. Any and all thoughts would be welcome.

Obviously, there's no rush! :cry:
@bastic may be able to answer this one

Associate
Are you talking about coil whine or fan noise?

Can’t say I’ve noticed any coil noise at all from mine.

Fan Noise is relative to rpm and therefore card power / oc settings. I must say that at stock settings my fans are about 1500rpm while gaming and that’s pretty acceptable for noise by my standards.

Associate
It's regarded as a very quiet card. Of course putting it in a case with very poor airflow could change things.

Coil whine isn't an exact science. The combination of GPU, PSU and to a lesser extent MB can trigger it. Luck of the draw.....

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/asus-geforce-rtx-3070-tuf-gaming-oc/31.html

Gaming noise levels are extremely quiet, almost inaudible, which is super impressive for this performance class. What's also important is that temperatures are very low—just 62°C. This is the best result of all the RTX 3070 cards we've tested today.

Permabanned
Well, comparatively the 3000 series do consume more power than the 2000 series, so I would expect some issues with noise. In general you want the largest heatsink you can find, with the greatest number of fans, and something like Afterburner to tweak the fan speed. I say in general because some makes seem to achieve better cooling performance and the TUF is one of them.

Associate
OP
It's regarded as a very quiet card. Of course putting it in a case with very poor airflow could change things.

Coil whine isn't an exact science. The combination of GPU, PSU and to a lesser extent MB can trigger it. Luck of the draw.....

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/asus-geforce-rtx-3070-tuf-gaming-oc/31.html

Thank you, very helpful link.

With regards to coil whine, I saw this post about fan noise if anyone is interested...
https://linustechtips.com/topic/131...l-with-video/?do=findComment&comment=14556935
one of the many strange posts I found whilst looking for solutions to noisy GPU fans :)

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

Soldato
I have Gigabyte 3070 and the only thing that I have noticed is that the card is making a lot of heat, my computer has never been blowing so much hot air out of it while playing games. But noise wise it's fine, just about like any other card that I have had before.

Associate
OP
I have Gigabyte 3070 and the only thing that I have noticed is that the card is making a lot of heat, my computer has never been blowing so much hot air out of it while playing games. But noise wise it's fine, just about like any other card that I have had before.

Thanks dude. My obsession with having a quiet PC continues :) If it helps with my winter heating arrangements, so be it!

Associate
Thanks for the response, there aren't a lot of cards out there at the moment, so there is unlikely to be a lot of posts about it.
I was meaning the 3000 series in general. Look at the Gibbo's Stock thread. Asus cards are very popular and they're currently one of better suppliers.

Edit - nearly 600 3090s and about 1250 3080s shipped.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I was meaning the 3000 series in general. Look at the Gibbo's Stock thread. Asus cards are very popular and they're currently one of better suppliers.
Thanks, definitely seems like Asus is a good option so will likely be sticking with that choice. But will keep ear to the ground and look at Gibbo Stock thread too.

Back
Top Bottom