Asus Striker Extreme

Associate
Hehe just got home with my new motherboard , just a few pictures before i go ahead and installing this beast .

DSC00805.JPG

DSC00806.JPG

Enjoy

Lusty

Associate
Blimey that's the most expensive I have seen it going for so far :eek: ... after seeing that I pre ordered mine elsewhere. :cool:

Have spent a lot of money with clockers in the past but now they don't seem to be very competitive, didn't mind paying a couple of quid extra coz of the fast delivery but £30 is way over the top :(

Still the striker is looking a nice mobo lets hope it performs like one too!!!.

Come on Lustral lets here what you have to say about it m8 :D

Associate
whenRD600? said:
Blimey that's the most expensive I have seen it going for so far :eek: ... after seeing that I pre ordered mine elsewhere. :cool:

Have spent a lot of money with clockers in the past but now they don't seem to be very competitive, didn't mind paying a couple of quid extra coz of the fast delivery but £30 is way over the top :(

Still the striker is looking a nice mobo lets hope it performs like one too!!!.

Come on Lustral lets here what you have to say about it m8 :D

I will do when i have installed the thing into my case :p

Still awaiting for my system to back up my junk.

More laters , watch this space :p

Soldato
Glad i didnt wait for this now and got the EVGA instead, most of the stuff looks like eyecandy here, Cant be much difference in performance, specially to justify the £££ ;)

Soldato
fornowagain said:
April fools?
Abit IN9 32X-MAX will be roughly £100 cheaper you see! I expect the DFI to be similar priced to the Asus Striker lol - pure speculation of course. :rolleyes:

You know what they say - patience is a virtue, to warrant a price tag like the Striker it would have to blow the Evga out of the water & I doubt its going to do that, it seems that all your buying is the brand name to me, like buying designer clothes its getting absolutly ridiculous. Even if its a 5% performance beater to the others it doesnt warrant such a pathetic price.

Maybe its because the high price of copper? lol you seen how much there is on that Asus Striker lmao no wonder its so expensive. :rolleyes:

Associate
andyr said:
hi L:ustral , whats it perform like , any benchies ?

Well long story , short , im taking it back for a refund , it takes so much even to overclock my E6600 to 3.0Ghz and then its soooo hot on the cpu temps, compared to my P5W DH it is *language!*.

The Vcore Droops on this board are like 0.12 to 0.13 that totally un-acceptable imo. My P5W DH only droops aboout 0.03- 0.05 underload !

My mate thinks its the nuts , he is getting like 3.9Ghz on AIR but with massive Vcore pushing it and insane temps.

Oh well

Back to my DH :)

Lusty

Soldato
£260 for a motherboard is *language!* insane.

here i was thinking that the 2 dearest asus 975x boards were costly ....then came Evga 680i ....and now this.

Back
Top Bottom