Asus T100 owners thread

Associate
I've not found the charging speed whilst using the laptop to be that bad when using the supplied cable, it certainly hasn't discharged. However the cable is very short, so when using various longer cables instead, it has charged much slower to the point where it is using more power than the charger can supply.

It's not fast charging, probably a good 4 hours from totally flat to fully charged using the supplied charger and cable, but under my normal use the battery will last between about 7 and 8 hours.

Normally just use an extension lead now when i need to, and if i'm taking it out i'll ensure it's got a decent level of charge.

Installed xbmc on it a couple weeks ago, works really well, and video/picture quality is excellent when watching 720p streams.

Associate
I've not found the charging speed whilst using the laptop to be that bad when using the supplied cable, it certainly hasn't discharged.

You have to REALLY hammer it - I'm talking gaming with the screen brightness at full - but I didn't find it to uncommon when using it to end up in a state where it would charge VERY slowly...

Running a few tests to try and demonstrate it.

Soldato
Mine turned up today, I'm a little undecided on it at the moment.

The tablet itself is pretty decent. General performance is decent, screen is good even at mid level brightness. Haven't been able to test the battery life much yet.

On the downside, the keyboard and trackpad are lacking a little, not so much the size but the key layout and sensitivity I'm not a fan of.

Associate
Touchpad is better if you turn off the edge swipes, seems to make it less prone to becoming unresponsive to initial touches.

WELL worth updating the BIOS as well, if its shipped with 214 then get 220 on it ASAP as the initial firmware had lots of power and sleep issues.

Soldato
Will turning off edge swiping affect the touch screen swiping too though? As that does actually work well for touch, but for the touchpad it's terrible.

Will check the bios version too.

Soldato
Found I was down to about 3gb free after installing a few games and apps from the store, tried to change the default location for windowsapps to my 64gb microsd but it doesn't appear to work on windows 8.1 :( getting errors when trying to install apps now, might donate this to the wife and get something with a bit more capacity

Soldato
My Tablet has become unresponsive this morning, just tried to install something on it and now its stuck on metro screen???? I can power it down using the power key, and enter my password ok to log back in but it just goes to the metro screen and I cant do anything else.... anyone had similar? I cant seem to find a reset button?

Associate
My Tablet has become unresponsive this morning, just tried to install something on it and now its stuck on metro screen???? I can power it down using the power key, and enter my password ok to log back in but it just goes to the metro screen and I cant do anything else.... anyone had similar? I cant seem to find a reset button?

Does holding power force it to reset, in the same fashion as it does for a phone?

Associate
hi all, tried this tablet out today in PC world, very impressed and thinking about buying the 32gb one.

any idea about a decent SD card? this thread below is making me wonder about buying the best speeds if the port has limitations on it....

http://www.transformerforums.com/fo...-accessories/39396-microsd-cards-speed-3.html

"Watching movies off the card when in the T100's USB 2 microsd slot is fine. If you want faster speeds from extreme microsd card with the T100, I use an external USB 3 microsd card reader connected to the keyboard USB 3 port. "

"Speed is normal, its only connected at usb2 port speeds so expect around 25mb/s max. Even if my card can do 80 write and 100 read. Its maxed at the ports speed "

How would 25mb/sec be for installing games/apps on?

Soldato
I picked up a 32gb Samsung card "upto 48mb/s", tested it and read speeds were about 20meg/s. Haven't really installed much on it yet, other than Football Manager (which doesn't work well as it doesn't really work with touch).

Back
Top Bottom