Asus T100 owners thread

Soldato
That's what I've been looking into, and yes as "I dropped it on the kitchen tiled floor" it should be covered but I have a £150 excess, so how much will my premium go up by for claiming it? seems its probably not worth the bother.

Soldato
No idea, but I guess it will cost more than excess

edit

Just rang asus, cant give me a price over phone as they said repair centre need to see it, but what he did tell me is there is a fee of £45-60 just to collect and return the unit to examine and give me a cost.

Last edited:
Associate
That's a bummer.

That photo reminds me - does anyone else get irritated by the straight type of USB cable supplied with the T100? The way it sort of sticks straight out from the edge, making it slightly awkward to hold and any yank/tug on the cable more likely to cause damage?

I bought a Sony Ericsson 'EC600' USB cable with right angle end on it for a couple of quid from an auction site, exits out and downwards, so much better!

Why they didn't provide a right angle cable in the box I have no idea.

Last edited:
Soldato
Usb cable never really bothered me, but I tell you what does, the fact the microsd card isn't totally flush when installed or not even having a cover for that matter, somehow I've lost a 64gb and a 32gb card from mine since owning.......

Don't flame me lol but I'm actually very close to replacing it with an ipad tbh.

Associate
Usb cable never really bothered me, but I tell you what does, the fact the microsd card isn't totally flush when installed or not even having a cover for that matter, somehow I've lost a 64gb and a 32gb card from mine since owning.......

Don't flame me lol but I'm actually very close to replacing it with an ipad tbh.

Its a hard sell these Windows tablets. An iPad is as good and more convenient 90% of the time.

Soldato
Not so much about selling it, and although the store is getting better its taking far too long for certain apps etc, games aswell as my son used my t100 more than I did tbh, the lack of expandable memory has always put me off but now that the 4 128gb can be bought new for the same price as a 16gb air it kind of makes sense

Associate

Yep, totally.... arrrgghhh... I keep thinking about taking a stanley knife to my SD card and trimming it back at an angle to make it flush and match the shape of the casing.

Soldato
I think it was my son tbh as I would have noticed, but I can tell by the way he used to hold it by the sides he would have caught it and made it spring out :( other than that its a great bit of kit, slightly annoyed that since win 8.1 you cant hack it to change the default (ie sd card) location for store apps to be installed to, the 32gb filled up too easily and that's with limited games and apps available had there been as many as on iTunes or play then id be stuffed lol

Back
Top Bottom