ASUS TUF FX505DV Benchmarks

Soldato
What's throttle stop?

Also, wouldn't that void the warranty if you repasted?

Throttle stop is used to undervolt. You can set it so it auto applies everytime you boot.
I don't think XTU can do that (another app for undervolting)
I think I've undervolted the CPU by -0.110mv

Soldato
Oh nice...ill have a play with that tomorrow in the hope I can get some decent results

Just Google your CPU and undervolting to see what other people recommend. Also when you run it, don't save settings incase you bluescreen. Just apply, turn on and test. If it seems stable then change the toggle to save the settings. Plenty videos on YouTube.

Soldato
So sat in Costa for an hour or so playing destiny 2 while tethered to my 4g mobile, while the Mrs teaches her yoga class, and all round positive experience.

Had a new severe drops down to 20fps which was probably due to thermal throttling but slowly getting used to playing an fps on a laptop without gsync. Keyboard is tosh but it's all I have for the moment...doesnt make it unplayable though.

Associate
OP
I was playing GTA FiveM last night in bed! What a nice experience, solid 60+FPS with the quite mode enables. Loving laptop life. I know a desktop PC will eat it alive in benchmarks but for the ease of use and portability I am sold. Gone past 14 days now so no returns for me :D

Also looking into undervolting the 2060 and Ryzen CPU I have seen good results in speed and quietness. Massive minefield though for me been the Ryzen Mobile is relativity new.

Soldato
@michty_me Are you just using FIVR, reducing the offset voltage and then using 'TS Bench' for stability?

Yes, that's what I was using.
I tried to run prime95 but my download did not work.
I think my temps are as low as an undervolt will go for the CPU. I may try the 1070 undervolt next but I believe it's a little harder to do.
Im just looking at doing the thermal paste guide at the minute to see if that drops it further.

Soldato
Yes, that's what I was using.
I tried to run prime95 but my download did not work.
I think my temps are as low as an undervolt will go for the CPU. I may try the 1070 undervolt next but I believe it's a little harder to do.
Im just looking at doing the thermal paste guide at the minute to see if that drops it further.

Down to -85.0mv so far...everything seems just peachy. Will test more later.

Associate
I was looking to pick one of these laptops up recently via a deal on the rainforest. might keep my eye on it to see if it comes up again.

i currently have an Asus running a i5-6300h paired with a GTX960m. How much of a step up would the AMD R7-3750H, and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB give me?

Soldato
I was looking to pick one of these laptops up recently via a deal on the rainforest. might keep my eye on it to see if it comes up again.

i currently have an Asus running a i5-6300h paired with a GTX960m. How much of a step up would the AMD R7-3750H, and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB give me?

Quite a nice one mate. It would seem that the deal on another site is an absolute steal, especially given the specs. You'd probably see double the performance increase at a guess...I'd also get on it while its there :)

Associate
OP

How much is it? I have one if you need any info or benchmarks running let me know, its been perfect for me, has not missed a beat since day one.

Soldato
I would just run it for a number of days and if you are happy enough, then save it.
At least it would boot so then you could always get back in to change. Do you notice any change in temps?

Edit:
I still can't download on Steam. I just get a spinning wheel on the top right corner and it doesn't add to the download section.
I was going to download destiny 2 for a shot.

Back
Top Bottom