• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASUS Turbo RTX 2070 performance

Associate
What do you guys reckon I should be expecting out of this card, performance wise, when it comes to gaming?

Currently I'm playing AC Origins on high settings at 3840x2160 and I'm hitting around 52fps and temp sitting at 76 after slightly altering the fan curve as was originally 83.

Does this sound about right or should I be hitting 60fps on higher settings?

cheers

Associate
That may be about right on that game, I don't own it so not 100% sure, with my 2070 I have been surprised how many games I can play at 4k, far cry 5 dips into the low 50s some times but is more than playable and is at 60fps more than I was expecting, my cpu isn't exactly amazing either.

The 2070 is really more of a 1440p card but does perform at 4k a lot better than I was expecting :) not tested my temps while playing yet but I have a different card so will be different.

Try some other games and see how you get on at both 1440p and 4k, sound about right to me though.

Associate
OP
That may be about right on that game, I don't own it so not 100% sure, with my 2070 I have been surprised how many games I can play at 4k, far cry 5 dips into the low 50s some times but is more than playable and is at 60fps more than I was expecting, my cpu isn't exactly amazing either.

The 2070 is really more of a 1440p card but does perform at 4k a lot better than I was expecting :) not tested my temps while playing yet but I have a different card so will be different.

Try some other games and see how you get on at both 1440p and 4k, sound about right to me though.

I'll give it a try and see what happens, cheers

Back
Top Bottom