• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

asus v9999 and zalman

Soldato
I put a zalman vga cooler on this, alcu one. Idle temps before were 49 in speedfan, idle temps now 49 in speed fan. This is clearly wrong but anyway, I was wondering how much of a drop people have generally got, so I can get an idea?

Thanks

Daven

Soldato
I had the same thing - I've got tehe Asus, put the Zlaman on and it didn't seem to make one iota of differance to the temps - then again the Asus temp probe is supposed to be in a lsightlky different place than any other 6800nu

Soldato
OP
my temps at load before were only 52, apparently and they are still the same now. i think i'll OC it see if there is any difference. ah well time to see how far it'll go!!

thanks

daven

Associate
Yeah, mine is about 50idle (regardless if i have the fan on 30% and 300MHz clock in 2D, or 100% fan 325MHz clock). Speedfan is great for controlling that noisey ass cooler in 2D :D

At load it hardly ever goes about 53C. Now, i realise its cold atm, but 3 degrees different is large. My ram, on the hand, is about 45 idle and 55 load.

Back
Top Bottom