Asus VG278H and Samsung S27A950D comparison

Associate
Going from a 2560x1440 I was worried about desktop use but its fine. There was a slight period of adjustment, a couple of days maybe, but since then all good.

I confess though that I am using the 2 monitors in extended so I can spread things across both screens but I've noticed no real quality issues. For some reason I was expecting disgustingly blocky icons and unreadable text but it's not like that at all. :)

For gaming I love it, it's a really beautiful screen (I do prefer the 3D on the ASUS though if that's a big thing for you). I'm using the exact settings from PCM2's review.

Associate
I had a Hazro that I had to send back after a period of time because of build issues.

This is all going to be really subjective but for me, 120hz in gaming has made a big difference.

When I had the Hazro and ASUS side by side I did a few tests (nothing scientific, only by my eye) where I would look around an area in a game, moving the mouse at varying speeds.

All of the objects and scenery in 120hz stayed absolutely crystal clear and solid no matter what speed I moved the mouse at while on the Hazro, while it did look marvellous, I did notice some blurring and it did feel more sluggish (for want of a better word). It's hard to explain but the 120hz feels more responsive in real world gaming terms.

It is all subjective though. I'm sure just as many people will prefer the 1440 over 120hz as not.

Associate
ahhh i've just gotten rid of my hazro too because of quality issues. I'm gutted in a way because the picture was absolutely sublime. Just a bit worried if i go for a samsung 27" now i'm gonna hate the big text and stuff. Icons and text on the hazro looked soooo crisp

Associate
It's certainly nice and crisp on the Samsung but you do have less room to play with. It's shame it's not very easy to get a demo of these screens.

Last edited:
Associate
I dont get how some people in this thread cant tell that the asus has a anti glare coating. The fact the screen doesnt suffer from relections in all types of lighing situations basiclly tells you it has anti glare coating.
Actually the fact it aint a mirror when its switched off tells you :p

Back
Top Bottom