Asus Vintage AE1 - HELP NEEDED

Permabanned
Today I recieved my Asus Vintage AE1, along with a Sempron 64 3000.
Installed everything as normal, booted up and found I had difficulties in getting in to the Bios. After rebooting about 10 times I managed to get in to the bios but after restarting I had the same problem.

Also, a few times it came up with Bios Clock Error and also Bios Checksum error. :eek:

Do I have a defect AE1 or is there anything I can try?

Asus Vintage AE1
Sempron 64 3000
Geil Value 3200 Ram 2x 512mb
Seagate 120gig PATA Hard Drive

Many thanks.

you'd have to make a bootable cd (on a working pc obv.) and add the relevant files to it, which would basically be (assuming the same files as the PE1) afudos.exe the flasher and the bios itself.

then iirc you hit f8 as the pc posts and it'll give you boot from what device options, select cd and hopefully it'll boot up into dos!

Once you get to the command prompt you have to type in something along the lines of ...

afudos /iXXXXX.rom replace the XX's wwith the actual bios name.

again i'm assuming it's all the same as with the PE1's

as for the cmos battery, well it could just be a naff battery.

hth

bios page just incase Asus Bios etc

Last edited:
depends on what software you've got, i use Nero 7 which even has it's own DOS boot image, i just select bootable cd, it knows where the image is.
Click NEW and i'm into the file browser view, add what i want and hit Burn.

Ok i've simplified the above but i dont what you use so didnt want to get all long winded about it :)

I managed to get hold of a floppy drive, stuck the new bios on a bootable disc, read it fine but came up with the following error

Original bios checksum error

Looks like it's going back to OCUK.

Back
Top Bottom