Asus Z790 Formula

Associate
Hey All,

I recently splashed out and bought a new machine, I'm now at the point where I am going to start building and got most of the way there, I was about to put the CPU in noticed that the socket didn't look quite right, and there's one random pin out of alignment.

I've attached a pic below of what I'm seeing apologies for quality I only had my phone, I'm assuming this is bad enough that I should send the board back as faulty?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

5gr41hk.jpeg

Can you highlight where that is exactly,

if you mean the middle of the socket where the chips are, its looks ok. have you tried the cpu and booted up?

Looks fine to me, your lucky I bought a asus z790 apex the motherboard was bent and the cpu socket was wrecked with a long line of pins that where bent, lucky I stood my ground and got it replaced.

Hey All, from the above 2 posts hopefully I'm being too cautious, but this is the bit I'm concerned about. When you zoom in on the pic you can see it a little clearer.

ur5Frzk.jpeg

It does boot up and has seemed to install windows fine.

Last edited:
Have you got both memory channels?

Did you use the IGP or the DGPU? If you used a DGPU, what is the PCI-E speed in CPU-Z?
Yup both memory channels are up and running, although I was getting errors in memtest, 1 or 2 in 4 passes but consistent. Assumed I also lucked out and bought defective memory so that's been sent back to, to swap over.

Using a DGPU (4090) and is running at 16x so looks all good there?
Try fix the bent pins.
Well I seem to have gotten it in a better position and the machine is still booting so fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom