1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asus Zenfone 6 (2019)

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by Smeghead, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Smeghead

Hitman

[​IMG]

Specs
    • Snapdragon 855
    • 5000mah battery
    • 64GB & 6GB RAM (£499*) / 128GB & 6GB RAM (£549*) / 256GB & 8GB RAM (£599*) / 512GB & 12GB RAM (Limited run special version. Don't know price but probably a lot more expensive)
    • MicroSD slot
    • 6.4" 2340x1080 IPS screen
    • Rear fingerprint sensor
    • Headphone jack
    • Dual speakers
    • Hi-Res Audio support
    • Very parred back stock-like ZenUI (Android 9 Pie), bootloader unlockable
    • 48MP (standard) and 13MP (wide) lenses

This thing looks about as perfect a phone you can get in today's phone market. I'm not 100% sure of those prices, but I think they're about right.

As someone who doesn't bother with selfies or face unlock and things like that, I see the flip up camera a bit more of a gimmick, and I'm not expecting to be blown away by the quality of the photos, but all the other specs are absolutely killer, especially for the price.

No IPX rating given the camera mechanism, but I frankly have never been in a situation where I want to use my phone in or near water, so that whole thing is pointless to me anyway. I wish removable batteries were still a thing, but I think we are long past companies giving this option now, so this is about as good a replacement for my LG V20 that I could think of given the huge battery.

2. kona786

Capodecina

Best implementation of hiding the selfie cam so far. No wasted space from a sub par dedicated selfie cam.

3. cu3ed

Capodecina

Tempted. I'm looking to dump my S9. Thing is the 500 market is so good right now with choice.

4. ninezerofive

Gangster

Seen a few review on it. If I was in a market for new phone, this might be it.

5. unKle

Wise Guy

Does this have an official release date yet? Seen a few reviews also and this is the only phone that interests me currently.

edit: Just done a bit of digging, June 19th apparently.

6. ninezerofive

Gangster

The only minus for me if I recall correctly is that it didn't have wireless charging.

7. cu3ed

Capodecina

Correct, kinda puts me off.

8. stoosh

Mobster

Decent device with a slot that houses dual SIM cards and a micro SD card slot.

However sub par LCD panel puts me off otherwise a very decent device.

9. benparker

Gangster

Is the LCD panel they're using that bad?

10. Smeghead

Hitman

Some good in-depth analysis of the phone:

https://www.gsmarena.com/asus_zenfone_6-review-1937p3.php

Screen quality seems about in line with the price. Basically average-to-somewhat below par. I'm not exactly editing professional RAW photos on it, so if it's half decent then I'm not overly fussed with the shortcomings personally.

11. Haze

Mobster

I take it these will be for sale in the UK? Getting Asus phones in this country seems to be hard work

12. peahead

Mobster

Is it the 19th of this month this will be released ? i can see it listed on the Asus uk store but it just says coming soon.

13. jrodga2k5

Sgarrista

I have to admit, I do love the implementation of the mechanised camera for Landscape photos.

14. benparker

Gangster