• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

At last, a RTX3090, advice until MB,CPU Bundle

Associate
Since October 2020 I have been wanting to upgrade, but unable to acquire a RTX30 series GPU. I have at last just got one. I was really looking for a RTX3080, but a RTX3090 was for sale. Picking it up Sunday or Monday. I can now order a MB, CPU, Ram bundle, but may as well go for the 11th gen Intel Rocket Lake, due for release 30th March. In the meantime, can I replace the the existing GTX980Ti with the RTX3090. For those who can not see my present system spec:- Intel Core i7 6700K, on a Asus Maximus VIII Hero, with 32GB DDR4 Ram, and fast SSD's. Oh yes my 860w PSU will be OK. Or should I wait until I get my upgrade MB, CPU, Ram bundle? Advice Please. At least the RTX3090 will suffice for a long time to come. Ideal for MS Flightsim 2020 in VR, which I cant play in VR at the moment.

Associate
OP
I personally would switch to AMD 5900X as more cores and just as good single core as 11900K and for less money now also as Intel dont allow overclocking on all the CPU's or Ram on some motherboards i don't like giving those tightwads money lol
Edit: Also the 11th gen rocket Lake are very toasty and power hungry as having been back ported to 14nm
I appreciate your input about the AMD CPU's and GPU's, but I am no technical wiz-kid. My early 3 PC's from the 90's to the early 2000's were all AMD based CPU's. All the AMD CPUs failed, YES all 3, what chance of that happening! Since then I have always and will always stay with Intel. Probably AMDs CPU's and GPU's may perform a little better, but for someone like me, I would not notice the difference. All I want is for MS Flightsim 2020 to run smooth in ultra or high settings in normal and especially VR mode, which I should get especially after the new MB CPU RAM Bundle in April. At the moment Flightsim 2020 is a bit jerky in normal mode on Med to High, but VR is unplayable.

Back
Top Bottom