• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

At what point do i look into upgrading CPU

Soldato
Hi Darkwolf,
Honestly I'm in the same position, waiting, except I was lucky enough to invest in an i7 5+ years ago, which was probably the best move I could have made at the time, as it's allowed me to hold out longer than if I'd opted for a 2500K/i5.

You are better off waiting until you notice stuttering or poor GPU utilisation, the 6600 is still a good, modern CPU with great IPC and you've got a decent clock, it just doesn't have the thread count/cores that newer games are now starting to make use of.

In your position I would COMPLETELY ignore the 7700K, and wait for next gen Intel, or Zen 2, both of which will increase your core and thread count, and be a more worthwhile sink for your cash; and that's on the caveat you're noticing performance issues or stuttering.

Back
Top Bottom