Atari ST appreciation thread

Associate
Hey folks.
So do we have any Atari fans about? Yeah, I know that Amiga was technically a superior machine, but I was always an ST fanboy :)
At the time of my first purchase (a 520stfm) it was £100 cheaper than the Amiga, had more games and they were cheaper too.
I believe this was the pack I first purchased:
520stfm_power2.jpg

After a few years the STFM died (bad ram upgrade killed it) so a 1040STE was its replacement. This is still working to this day despite being a bit yellow now and having lived in the attic for the last 15years.
All the floppy disks work too :)

Had hours of fun playing Geoff Crammond's Formula One Grand Prix, Starglider, Jimmy White's Snooker, the Killing Cloud etc

Also, totally by chance I discovered the built in MIDI ports. Well, that totally opened up a new world for me.
Linked up to 2 MIDI keyboards (one as a controller and another as a toner generator as it's MIDI functionality wasn't so good.) all plugged into a Tascam Porta 07 (still have that too :))

Always wanted a Falcon, but there were horribly expensive and the PC was staring to make a rise.

Anyone else want to share some thoughts/memories about these great old machines?

Back
Top Bottom