• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ATI 3D resolution scaling on digital LCD

Soldato
I had a Dell 24" not long ago and whenever I played games that weren't in the native resolution of the monitor it automatically scaled them to fill the full size of the display. Whilst it wasn't as ideal as running the native res with some games it wasn't even possible to do this, so it was a comprimise.

This was all achieved by changing the setting on the On-Screen Display (OSD) on the monitor. I could choose 1:1 scaling (black borders as appropriate) or "Fill", which is what I used.

I've now got a Dell 30" which is supposedly a "digital" LCD - and it has no OSD at all. In the ATI CCC I see an option for "Image Scaling" and underneath it says "Scale image to full panel size".....

ati_digital.jpg

This only seems to work on the desktop though, if I set a lower-than-native res. Whenever I play a game at anything less than 2560x1600 (which a lot of games won't support - e.g. Pro Evo 6) then I just get black borders and it looks unsightly.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Anyone have a solution? I'm using the official Catalyst 6.10 CCC drivers, though I've disabled both ATI services as I'm using ATITool to overclock.

Back
Top Bottom