• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ATI Juniper Pics & Benches

Soldato
HD5700 will be with 1120 stream processors and 56 texture units TMU, the memory is GDDR5. Far as we know there will be HD5770 (199 dollars) and HD5750 (149 U.S. Dollar), HD5770 will replace the current HD4890, the HD5750 is to replace the HD4870. HD5700 opponent is to the NVIDIA GTX275, GTX260, GTS250 and the future D10P GT200b series. Others like DX11, ATI Steam, UVD2, Eyefinity, CrossFire technologies are also readily available.

Pics & Benches

Soldato
Mmmhmm?

So you can get a more expensive card to replace your 4890 which performs the same but munches less?

How long exactly would you have to run a 5770 to make up the expense through the power saving... I wunders.

Caporegime
Mmmhmm?

So you can get a more expensive card to replace your 4890 which performs the same but munches less?

How long exactly would you have to run a 5770 to make up the expense through the power saving... I wunders.

I don't think the 5770 is aimed at 4890 users anyway

And who's to say it doesn;t run faster than a 4890 anyway?

Caporegime
Mmmhmm?

It's DX11, people seem to forget that.

Soldato
OP
Mmmhmm?

Its the replacement in the range for the 4890, not a replacement for 4890 owners.

Soldato
performance could be better looking at those numbers. think they should have kept that as a 56** and left the 57** open for a refresh.

very happy to see that ati are now extensivly using gddr5 though. :D

Associate
Ahhh, interesting indeed. Good to see ATi getting an extensive line up early on.

I'm really looking forward to any info on the 5870x2 and a potential 5890, both of those cards should be packing some power behind them for sure!

Thanks for the info Final8y!

Soldato
If the 57** aren't faster then the cards they replacing then i think that crap honestly, where is the jump in performance we got from the last gen cards going from 3*** to 4***.

Soldato
were the mid range 4 series faster than the top end 3 series?

Tbh its normal practice. the new top cards are around 50% faster than the previous gen top cards, the mid range is about the same as the previous top cards but with less power/more features.

I thought it had been that way for around 10 years. Occasionally it does differ due to a new card arcitecture or something being awesomely win, or because the old serious was a complete fail.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Single 6pin is nice, short cards, should run pretty cool, more SP than the 4 series and GDDR5.

If 1GB versions come out, and they are priced well, a couple of these in CF could be a very good.

Man of Honour
This might be just the ticket for me, I am looking to upgrade my 3 series cards to a faster ati/nvidia card/cards, however I want to spend as little cash as possible.

Do we have any details on the price point of these fellas? Hopefully I could get a couple of these for less than £75 plus the retail value on my 38XX cards.

Thanks for the info will be monitoring the progression on these.

Caporegime
Do we have any details on the price point of these fellas? Hopefully I could get a couple of these for less than £75 plus the retail value on my 38XX cards.

You might have wait a bit longer for them to drop or for them to come out with another lower model (as they are sure to do) as the article states:

HD5770 (199 dollars) and HD5750 (149 U.S. Dollar),

which equates to £153 for the 5770 and £114 for the 5750 with current exchange rates.

Of course if we went back to $2 to the pound they would be £114 and £85.....shame those days have gone

Man of Honour
Cheers for that Greebo overlooked that massively. Looks like the sensible option for me is still the 5850 at those prices, I am also pretty sure that they will take a price drop just before christmas which should bring them closer to my price range.

... Who knows if I ask the Mrs or Santa nicely I might be able to get me one.

Edit:

Forgot to mention that I am in no hurry so would like to see the green teams offering before making any final decisions. At the moment the ATI 5850 is a clear bang for buck winner and that for me is key to choosing a new card, lets hope NV have a card to compete in this sector.

Last edited:
Soldato
If the 57** aren't faster then the cards they replacing then i think that crap honestly, where is the jump in performance we got from the last gen cards going from 3*** to 4***.

??

This is the midrange 5xxx cards replacing the high end 4xxx cards...the jump between the high end 5xxx cards and the high end 4xxx cards is mahousive.

Soldato
I am on about price point, next gen is alway faster then the gen before, the price of the 4890/70 is very cheap at moment and the cards coming in at that price points need to be faster then the 4***'s cards they are replacing at that price.

Back
Top Bottom