Atom - tips and tricks?

Soldato
Hi,

I currently use Sublime and Brackets for web dev depending on which PC I am at but I've recently been told try to Atom.

I've been told the Emmett addon is great but what others are there to try that can help out?

Anyone here use it?

Associate
Last time I attempted to use Atom I found it way too slow to start up, is it better now? I now use VS Code which doesn't seem to have the same problem, despite being based upon the same core.

Soldato
OP
Load up time from an SSD is a second, maybe 2 at the most. My understanding is it's in constant development so can only really get better and is extremely easy to customise, which can be a curse as well as a blessing.

Associate
I use Emmett with NP++ and I find it really essential - I only use a fraction of the available functionality (mostly just tag expansion) but it makes writing markup so smooth for me.

The only downside is the variance in keyboard shortcuts between versions (or where Emmett shortcuts conflict with the base program shortcuts). It can take a bit of configuration to get the most out of it, but it's definitely worth it.

Back
Top Bottom