ATX 2.2 / ATX 2.0

Associate
Hello, maybe bit of a stupid question, but it's better to be safe then sorry.

Im looking into virtually re-building my pc, as i have finally got the money together to do so :p.

After doing some seeking of the overclockers website i've decided to get an SLi Nvidia GFX Card, obviously you need a ATX2.0 PSU to do so, however i want one to last me as long as possible, thus going for the top model at present.

Enermax Liberty 620W ELT620AWT ATX2.2 Modular SLI Compliant PSU this is the one i am currently thinking of.

My question to you is will ATX2.2 support the GFX Card?, also, is this PSU value for money or do you recommend another PSU?, maybe cheaper or better.

Thanks for your time.

Permabanned
If 500W is enough the one model down seems better value for money at £30 cheaper, and looking back on it should've gone for that as I'm not going to go crazy. And if you're going down multiple hard drive arrays (ie 10+) you'll probably get a secondary PSU anyway.

btw the liberties are really quiet, at least on idle. It has two video card outputs so will be fine with PCI-E cards with power input.

If you can find additional cables I would give the PSU another + point.

Another choice would be Antec Neo's, but I read some problems with them with certain Asus motherboards. But it appears all other quality 600W PSU's reach the £100 mark.

Associate
OP
I will only be running one hdd, i will scrap my old one and im going to buy a Western Digital SATA 400GB. Im asuming a 500W will easily handle that and everything else?

Back
Top Bottom