Audi A3 folding mirrors

Soldato
Not sure what the best Audi forums are, but given my one question I'm not too bothered to sign up, I just can't find much info on this.

Parents have just picked up a 63 plate Audi A3 that had a fairly high spec list. Bar the full satnav MMI widescreen (its the smaller screen still with nav, etc), folding mirrors, DAB, leather, Xenons, etc, etc.

The mirrors fold in and out with a button press. Much like my BMW, I assume these can be coded to fold with the unlock / lock as I can't see an option in the MMI.

Is this possible?

Not sure. MMI is new to me but seemed fairly intuitive. I assume MMI3G+ is a generational thing and not a model / spec specific? ie, a 63 plate A3 with MMI will have MMI3G+ ??

If so, I will check when I go over later....

All done, thanks. They still don't fold out on the unlock (only when the ignition is turned on) which I guess is OK.

Will check the tilt mirror function (same as the BM)

Ta

All done, thanks. They still don't fold out on the unlock (only when the ignition is turned on) which I guess is OK.

Will check the tilt mirror function (same as the BM)

Ta

I've done a bit more research on one of the Audi forums for you and that sounds correct for the folding. Folding mirrors also come with two other options, either to dip on the passenger side when you select reverse, or another version that comes with auto dimming on the drivers side. The auto dip is set within the MMI. However, as there are so many different settings, I do suggest you sit down with the manual and give it a good read. Other than that here is a basic online manual http://translate.googleusercontent....lt.htm&usg=ALkJrhiHfG7GyOInSkVphKNhUYKs2ih7Ag it is translated from German.

Back
Top Bottom