Audi owners in here!

Soldato
Associate
You guys are so random on here. Some of the comments in the Focus RS thread are just laughable as well.

So an r8 plus is expensive at 150k even thought it's the equivalent of a 180-200k Huracan. I have read reviews from people who have driven both saying its a good car for the performance. Or does the Huracan get a pass like all the Mustangs do on here and it's just the fact it's an Audi?

I have also noticed that the some of the dials etc in the above picture are the same as in my Audi and the carbon fibre is probably the same as the strips on my dashboard. But wait.. The A3/S3/RS3 interior is a budget interior isn't it.. Hmm

Associate
don't want to lose the manual!

most of the modern fast cars are losing the manual option.. even try and buy a new A4 quattro with a manual gearbox!! it cant be done. its all s tronic or tiptronic you cant spec one with a good old manual box!! :mad:

one thing BMW have done right is kept the manual option..

Last edited:
Soldato
most of the modern fast cars are losing the manual option.. even try and buy a new A4 quattro with a manual gearbox!! it cant be done. its all s tronic or tiptronic you cant spec one with a good old manual box!! :mad:

one thing BMW have done right is kept the manual option..

Why would you want a tedious manual gearbox in an A4? It's not some exotic sports car :confused:

Soldato
Not sure why you'd want a manual now. It's the one thing that I really want to change between my A4 and my next car.

For just driving about having fun the manual R8 is best for me. I like the bolt action click of the shifter rather than the button press click of the paddles.
On track though the R8 Plus with S-Tronic in Sport Auto was brilliant, just drive it like a gokart and let it sort itself out.
Stop start commute in and out of the city and I would take auto or motorcycle :p

Soldato
OP
Currently my car does not have any integrated satnav/hand free and now doing much more miles with work using my phone sat nav and loudspeaker is proving to be a choir.

What are these eBay special addition head units like? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A4-2...730478?hash=item19d9e33cae:g:M1cAAOSwT6pVwC1f

The prices seem to vary quite considerably. Will something like this allow me to stream Spotify over Bluetooth?

I am hesitant to spend much money on the car as I am still undecided what I will be doing with it over the next 12 months, this week alone I have put 2,000 miles on it and coming up to 10 year old I do possibly fancy a change. Any money spent on gadgets will not be recouped.

I guess the other option would be a parrot and tom tom...just like the 'integrated' look of these systems.

Thanks

Soldato
I've been looking at the Connects2 unit that adds auxillary input into your existing unit. There about £30, and then you can run an aux cable into the headphone jack of your phone.

Then your satnav would play through the speakers. Would just need a cradle for the phone, I've always been a fan of the brodit units.

Soldato
OP
The problem is using the sat nav and phone calls at the same time. For example I was in a city centre the other day...phone rang and knocked the sat nav off, took the call and got lost!

Caporegime
After trying a couple of "custom" units in my Fiancées E46 Compact, and coming to the conclusion that they are all utter garbage in both usability and quality, I ditched them (to punters on eBay), and replaced with a Parrot Asteroid Smart.

Very good quality for the outlay, looks nice enough, and gives you not only Parrot's legendary bluetooth functionality, but also a decent range of Sat Nav apps.

JKD

JKD

Associate
For anyone interested, finally got round to taking some snaps of the new car

5D3_8607.jpg

5D3_8617.jpg

5D3_8603.jpg

5D3_8633.jpg

5D3_8649.jpg

5D3_8643.jpg

I picked up mine last week. Same as yours. I'm busy thinking about some different wheels and whether I should stick my 19" RS4 reps on it.

Back
Top Bottom