Audi owners in here!

Picked the new car up today. Was back and to over choosing the colour, but it really does look lovely now its sat here.

Out with the old and in with the new. The 135i has been a fantastic car.

Excuse the crap pics, was a bit of a rush to get out the door, oh and yes the drive is bloody mess :p but that gravel is being tarmac'd tomorrow.

WkWsTkg.jpg

PB4x7Xt.jpg

hswXuiG.jpg

jzogg2b.jpg

Update to the door seals issue...

A friend recommended a local garage who used to service his Golf GTI so I took my TTS in to get a quick idea of what the issue might be, and the parts adviser thinks the doors seals have been tampered with and they can repair them for me. They'll leak test as well and resolve the issue.

Given that Audi messed me around, I also got a 2nd opinion on the brakes. Apparently, there's another 10k miles left in them. Along with that, the dust covers on my front shocks are fine...

:rolleyes:

No I don't think that's the case, I had a A3 before and was offered one. I guess some salespersons aren't very thorough. But you'd think they would have a crib sheet at least, plus some bonus for selling extra's

Sorry, I meant certain models within a range, i.e. maybe they don't offer them on S/RS models as the servicing costs are higher? I have no idea, I'm just guessing.

Sorry, I meant certain models within a range, i.e. maybe they don't offer them on S/RS models as the servicing costs are higher? I have no idea, I'm just guessing.
Odd that - my dad is on his 2nd A8 (PCP) and wasn't offered service plan on either - sytner. Only offered GAP, no alloy wheel etc
When my brother got his A5 approved used and took a little bit of finance out he got service plan, was offered wheel protection, GAP and all that stuff - JCT600

Well I discussed service plans with the dealer when my order was originally for the 2.0TFSI Quattro A3. Changed my order to the S3 and the subject was not brought up again even though I clearly was keen and the chap I was dealing with was keen on selling one.

I’d imagine than S/RS/R models don’t fall under the service plan schemes.

Dropped my 13 plate A3 off for a service at Audi, felt quite put off by assistants attitude that it is out of warranty. Not had this from them before and I won't have it again!
Looking to change this year so that's a big negative for them.
Andi.

Car goes in for its (I am now informed) £23,000 gearbox replacement on Monday. Will take a week, they have a nice loaner lined up and I should get it back shiny, un-whiney and ready to hit the roads hard. Also going to have the brake pads changed, but not at Audi prices, will take that to RE when I get it back but still circa £1,000 for pads and fitting.

Thank **** I have a warranty as the gearbox is costing me £100! To all those who trott our the line "these are only £70K now" this is the reality when it goes wrong. Still come with (todays rates) costs of £150K cars.

Car goes in for its (I am now informed) £23,000 gearbox replacement on Monday. Will take a week, they have a nice loaner lined up and I should get it back shiny, un-whiney and ready to hit the roads hard. Also going to have the brake pads changed, but not at Audi prices, will take that to RE when I get it back, but still circa £1,000 for pads and fitting.

Thank **** I have a warranty as the gearbox is costing me £100!

Ceramics? I'm weighing them up as to whether they're an option of consider or have them down as a no no.

Ceramics? I'm weighing them up as to whether they're an option of consider or have them down as a no no.

Yes. Disks are £8K I am told, this is just pad price as they were 70% worn and frankly you don't want them to get too worn as you then need.......£8K disks.

Yes. Disks are £8K I am told, this is just pad price as they were 70% worn and frankly you don't want them to get too worn as you then need.......£8K disks.

Lol. Ties in with the horror stories I've heard. As fantastic as they are that's not a bill I fancy stomaching. May have to put them on the reject list!

I did circa 35 stops from circa 170mph last year at Brunters. Took 10K off the pads in that alone.

Too add zero fade at any point and that's where they are great.

Fluid....that seems to cook a bit mind.

Back
Top Bottom