Audio Driver

Associate
I had an old Medion 1.6Ghz PC, I decided to give it to my sister, so I reformatted the new 40GB HD, put Win XP SP2 on it. The MB came with a built in sound card. Its this I'm having trouble with. I just can't find the driver anywear. The PC box says its an AC-3 5.1, when I go into control panel etc it says its a MPU-401. What driver do I need? And where can I get it from?

Thanks Guys

Man of Honour
I'd probably suggest going to somewhere like Driver Guide to look for it, however from a quick search it appears that MPU-401 is simply a generic standard(and quite an old one) so Windows XP should automatically have drivers for it. Does Control Panel say that it isn't working? If it doesn't have the yellow circle and black line through it I'd just use the generic driver :)

Associate
OP
Thanks for your quick response.
In control panel "sound, video and games controller" does not flag a problem but "system devices" does. Also when I try playing a audio CD, I get a message saying no audio driver or card is installed (or somthing like that). I did try installing a driver from the winXP cd but it couldn't find it. I'm just wondering if the audio device on the MB is working, it was ok when i used it as my main PC quite a while ago.
Sorry if I sound a bit vague but I'm at work and not with the problem PC at the moment.

Den cole

Back
Top Bottom