Audio for PC advice please

Associate
Hi

No audiophile here but I'm looking to streamline my current setup. Main reason being that the old Technics stereo system I've used for at least 25 years has started to develop a low hum, and it has always been something I've planned to replace at some point anyway. The 2 speakers are fine though.

I'm currently just connecting to the stereo via 3.5mm > RCA. I've also got a Steelseries Siberia 800 wireless headset which is connected via optical. I'm just using the onboard audio on my Gigabyte Aorus Elite X570 - as I said, not an audiophile.

I'm really just looking for something to replace the old Technics stereo, but it's not obvious to me what I need. Seems like there's pre-amps, stereo amps, DACs, headphone amps etc. I think an AV receiver would do everything I want, and it might be nice to add a few more speakers at a later date but it seems like overkill - I don't need any video work done at all, just audio - is there something that does a similar job to an AV receiver, but just for audio?

Associate
Try the Audio section :)

I had to reread your post to try and figure out what you wanted.
An AV Receiver will be overkill btw. You can just buy a pair of desktop monitor speakers that have built in amp (active speaker).
That'll plug straight into your line out. Nice and simple. External amps and dacs aren't needed unless it's something you want, want to change sound, better quality, etc.

I'm going to a guess and say your X570 board can handle additional speakers after the first 2. My b550 supports 5.1 IIRC.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom